st. olaves test this saturday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
twix

st. olaves test this saturday

Post by twix »

i am just wondering if anyone else's ds is sitting the test on satuday. we are giving it a go but have heard that the actual test is alot harder than the sample papers given to us. does anyone know if this is correct and how it is different to the real thing!! thank you.
long and winding road

Post by long and winding road »

twix , we will be doing it - I haven't heard that but I guess it just means it will be difficult for all the boys.
Good luck - we can only ask them to do their best!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hi there, we are off there on Saturday too, we have an early slot. Good Luck to you all - just remember the test will be the same for all of them!
when the process will end

Post by when the process will end »

Best of luck to everybody.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Good Luck to All the Boys.

Fingers and everything else crossed and if I see a suitabley fretful parent on Orpington High Street or in a coffee shop I will know......
long and winding road

Post by long and winding road »

Yes - good luck to all of your DS's!!!!
Maybe we should wear name badges/flowers so we can identify each other and offer moral support!!!!! It's going to be chaos but at least it's almost over!
when the process will end

Post by when the process will end »

Thank God.. The exam for St.Olaves is finished. In the morning it felt that the exam may get cancelled. A few children got completely drenched in the hail storm. I hope that it did not affect their performance in the test.

Our DS seems cheerful 8) . I hope that he has not made a lot of silly mistakes.

Now the waiting begins. Fingers crossed....
loubielou

Post by loubielou »

I was astounded at the high numbers of PARENTS who were unable to follow simple instructions ...such as 'no parking in the school grounds, no access for vehicles, and park well away from the school and walk onto the premises' I noticed that parents also felt the necessity to MOVE the notices marked ' can parents please not pass this point' !!!!!!!!!!!

I find the inability to follow simple instructions by parents quite astounding!

My son was drenched - we followed the instructions and walked to the school only to find the road blocked by cars so we had no alternative other than to walk in the mud and puddles, we were splashed by cars driving past and then my son had to wait in the rain because the dry waiting area 'reserved for children only' was full of parents. I just hope that the Literacy of their children exceeded their own!!!!
twix

Post by twix »

yes agree very chaotic today and the weather awful. my ds said the teacher opened a window next to him during the hail storm. another child asked for it to be closed which is was, only to be opened later and they could hear the water gushing from the drains!! he found some of the maths questions difficult towards the end of the test. even the teacher said she would be surprised if anyone got the last question right!! i understand from the school that about 800 sat the test. so i long wait until march for results. i would be interested to know how everyone else for the test.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hope everybody can now have a relaxing evening.

I do hope those that got wet weren't too uncomfortable. Hopefully concentration took over from feeling too wet. Mind you my son is sneezing nicely this evening!!

My husband couldn't believe the number of people parked in Goddington Lane!!!!