Herts Music Test Today

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Herts Music Test Today

Post by Daogroupie »

My dd sat this at St Clement Danes this afternoon. I am full of praise for the environment they created for her and us, the parents. Sixth formers served us tea and coffee in the dining room and lots of staff were on hand to welcome and support the children. A very positive experience all round. Anyone from last year know how long the yes/no letters take?
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi,

I have a vague memory that the letters came the week before the auditions so not long to wait. wishing you Good luck.
toony

Post by toony »

You will not get told if your child has not been successful in obtaining an audition.

So you just have to wait and wait...
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

When is practical musical exam?

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

Hi all

Was just reading this thread.

DAOGROUPIE: It caught my eye especially as my DS was at Clement Danes too taking the music exam.

Have to agree with your comments, but was very disappointed by a particular group of parents who decided to be very loud outside the exam area ... thought that was VERY inconsiderate of the poor children trying to concentrate in the hall.

Anyway moan over ... lol.

Anyone happen to know exactly when the practical exam is please?

Thanks
Knowledge is power

watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Music Auditions 23rd -27th November 2009

The letter advises where the auditions will be held.
Daogroupie

Music Test at DAO

Post by Daogroupie »

Actually since I posted this my dd has sat the music test at DAO and I was even more impressed. We were basically treated as guests of the Music Department. As we walked through the playground to the Music Centre students in the playground called out good luck which I found very touching. The Director of Music came and spoke to us all personally in a very calm chatty manner and the children were in three different rooms with very helpful sixth formers.

I did notice the parents chatting loudly outside at Clement Danes and was suprised that nobody came out and asked them to stop. At DAO very few parents knew each other. At Clement Danes there were great gaggles of them who seemed to have been mates for years
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

watfordmum66 wrote:Music Auditions 23rd -27th November 2009

The letter advises where the auditions will be held.

To: Watfordmum66

Thanks ever so much ! x
Knowledge is power

bluerabbit

DAO music exam

Post by bluerabbit »

i too was impressed with the organisation and way we were treated at dame alice owen's on the music exam day. my dd came out with a smile and it was a good start to the 3 day run of exams she had to face. it made her less nervous going in to the verbal reasoning and english/maths on saturday.

when will we know about the music call backs this week? does anyone have previous experience? is it by letter or telephone call?
Daogroupie

DAO Music Test Results

Post by Daogroupie »

My niece got through last year. The letter arrived on the Tuesday morning and she was given a time for the following Friday. Everyone gets a letter pass or fail. The pass mark is 46 and above. We will return from the HBS exam to the letter!
bluerabbit

DAO music exam

Post by bluerabbit »

good luck with the music exam result and also the HBS exam. we are practising for that one today too.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now