tutors

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hero

tutors

Post by hero »

can somebody please suggest a good tutor in lincoln or ways to find ?
anxious father
Alex

Post by Alex »

Have sent you a PM

Please can anyone replying with specifics do so by PM. Thanks.
Tim45

Loong for a tutor near Newark

Post by Tim45 »

:roll:

Hi All
Hoping for D to go to KGGS in September 2011 so guess she'll need to sit the 11+ next September. We moving into the area from Notts and we've noticed that some of the "catchment" primaries do some 11+ prep in years 4 and 5. Unless our house sells before Christmas (unlikely), D will miss out so we're thinking of using a little tutoring.

Please can anyone recommend a tutor local to Newark, Grantham, etc.
Many thanks
emmgemuk

Re: Loong for a tutor near Newark

Post by emmgemuk »

Tim45 wrote::roll:

Hi All
Hoping for D to go to KGGS in September 2011 so guess she'll need to sit the 11+ next September. We moving into the area from Notts and we've noticed that some of the "catchment" primaries do some 11+ prep in years 4 and 5. Unless our house sells before Christmas (unlikely), D will miss out so we're thinking of using a little tutoring.

Please can anyone recommend a tutor local to Newark, Grantham, etc.
Many thanks
My DD passed for kggs this year, the tutoring she had at school started at the end of may year 5 and all it was, was a few nfer test papers, then a bit of practise. Year 6 they did a bit of work daily with all the 11+ takers up until the tests at the end of sept. I believe ours are one of only a couple of primaries in the town that actually do this, most do nothing.
You really arn't missing anything by not being here by then. There is never a problem with girls not getting in to kggs once passed as it has been under subsribed for the last 6 years, and if it ever was over subscribed the criterea is catchment..........not test score. Lots come in to kggs from out of county eg newark, on the bus.
You should be fine getting test papers from smiths and using other online tests.
As you can probably tell I am not a fan of tutoring to pass the 11+!
Tim45

Thanks

Post by Tim45 »

emmgemuk
Thanks for the helpful advice.
I've picked up the test papers and we'll do some stuff at home...
Cheers, Tim :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now