Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Katherine

Reading test 2009 - about answer sheet

Post by Katherine »

Hi All
Again a last minute query:
For the Reading test 2009:
*In the Answer sheet they have asked to fill in the school name is it – Reading school or the school they are studying now.
*Will instructions given at school about how to fill in the details in answer sheet?
*Also if they make a mistake - should they cross it out or should erase it?
*Should they take some snacks and water from home or will be given from the school?
Thanks to all .... for your replies!
All the best for the Test! :D
Katherine

Post by Katherine »

please reply!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Katherine

I honestly don't know for that school specifically but as they are only 10 and 11 years olds I am sure that it will be made very clear to them at the time ie what they have to fill in and where.

My memories of this as a kid were that they spent quite some time on this and tended to check them before they took them in.

Re what to do about errors - I am sure this will be covered - they often have a few sample things to try at the beginning and these are all done together.

Good luck

PS I think most kids take a small bottle of water / sweets - not tons but it may say on the paperwork you have received ??????? :shock:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi Katherine,

You should have a letter confirming some of the arrangements for the day?

Instructions will be given on the day. :) It is a multiple choice exam marked by computer so thoroughly rub out mistakes. It will be explained on the day.

Take a snack and a drink, as it is a long session.

Oh, and stop panicking :lol: , the school work very hard on the day to make it as easy as possible for the boys taking the test.

You are welcome to panic here but not in front of your DS, hope he has a great day on Friday.

steve
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Hi Katherine

I remember giving DS a few small peanut butter sandwiches and a banana to take, along with a small drink. I think the school do offer them a drink and biscuits at some point too but you don't want them drinking too much or they will be needing too many toilet trips! :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now