Reading & Kendrick Exam 2009

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stevew61

Reading & Kendrick Exam 2009

Post by stevew61 »

Torrylee wrote:Thinking of those of you with DDs sitting the Kendrick test tomorrow, and those with a DS sitting for Reading School too ...

I hear on the grapevine that Kendrick have had 565 applications this year so rather more than last year's 499. No idea whether there is a similar increase at the boys' school.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Good luck everyone, I am feeling for you. :)

Have a good day, traffic will be bad so plan ahead. :shock:

Those few hours when they are doing the exam are very lonely for us parents who can do no more :) , feel free to post here.

No details of exam content please don't want to mislead any late sitters. :wink:

steve
MumHere

Post by MumHere »

Good Luck to everyone!
mudskipper40

Post by mudskipper40 »

Yes - good luck to all. Hard to believe it was us a year ago! DS looking forward to his day off school!
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

Thank you everyone for the good luck. My DS is sitting the Reading Exam tomorrow and is feeling very nervous right now (still nowhere as nervous as me!). Thank you also to everyone (particularly stevew61, Bewildered and Torrylee) who has posted so much useful information regarding the appropriate preparation for Reading. It has been an enormous help and is very much appreciated.

When it is safe to post our experiences of tomorrow, we will!

Good luck to all other Reading and Kendrick candidates tomorrow.

CN
justmum

Post by justmum »

Thanks everyone. Getting really nervous. DS seems a little nervous. All fingers crossed. Hope he does well. I think he has really worked hard.

Thanks to everyone for the valuable information especially Steve and Bewildered, although I joined late, all the information you provided has been extremely beneficial. Thanks again
All the best to all :-)
Complete Novice

Well DS was dropped at Reading and now just the very long wait until 1.15pm. Looking at the clock I feel sure they must have completed one paper by now and it is absolutely horrible not knowing how he might be feeling. It is awful to think they might be upset and have to carry on with 2 more papers. They all looked so small and pale this morning. Just really hoping that regardless of the outcome, he looks happy when I pick him up and then we can try desperately to forget about it all until end of February!

Right off to sit and stress about it some more!

CN
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi CN,

I am sure your DS is fine, he will get on with the job in hand. :)

Pick up time is a bit of a scrum, some groups come out late. :roll:

Most boys come out happy, excited and don't want to talk about the exam, later on tiredness sets in as the adrenalin rush wears off.

Hope your son comes out happy.

steve
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Good luck everyone - hope all goes well for your dc's today.
Complete Novice

Thank you Steve. It's amazing how slowly time is passing this morning. I am desperately hoping it was VR today but then I find myself thinking of all the things I don't think I ever did get around to teaching him (like the names of every possible dance or flower or natural and man made fabrics!!). How ever did you all manage to wait until March 1st without losing your minds?
CN