Good luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
greenteadrinker

Good luck

Post by greenteadrinker »

to all children sitting the consortium exam for SW Herts on Sat (and the reserve date!).

Hope you all get something you are happy with in March!
Always look on the bright side of life
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

What a lovely message greenteadrinker :D

I will second what you have said.
Knowledge is power

watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Sending positive vibes to all children who are sitting the s/w consortium tests tomorrow.
Remember just sitting them is an achievement in itself.
Good luck to all :)
Posey

Tests

Post by Posey »

Watfordmum, agree - good luck to all DC who are doing the SW Herts exams tomorrow. You must be the most tested DC ever.
WP

Post by WP »

Good luck to all taking the test today. Please let us know how it went, but remember not to post anything specific about the tests, as there are repeat sessions today and reserve sessions later.

However I would appreciate receiving by PM details of the test providers, number of questions, timing and organization at the schools, so that I can revise the FAQ for next year. (I am not a tutor, have no children in this year's tests, and promise not to pass on anything specific while children are still doing tests.)
Daogroupie

SW Herts today

Post by Daogroupie »

My dd took the test today at Clement Danes. Since the Music Test last week they had set up bollards to keep the parents further back from the door. Many parents ignored this though, despite repeated requests from the staff for them to stand back with the other parents. My dd said there were about twenty empty seats compared to about eight at the music test. As the last date is not until the 1st December I will not make any specific points about the tests until after then but will confirm from WP's sticky that the VR was harder than the maths. Once again huge credit to the calmness and organisation of the school. They even opened up the main building so us parents could go to the toilet. Very thoughtful. My dd did comment that several students had watches that chimed and bleeped and one even had a lunchbox that kept saying ËXTERMINATE. when I asked why the staff did not remove them, she said the desks were packed so close together it was too hard for the staff to get between them. And still they come, each year there will be more. What will happen when the schools no longer have the room to cope?
greenteadrinker

Post by greenteadrinker »

My DC also took the test at CD but did not mention beeping watches or lunchboxes..Did mention though that one child had a mobile phone removed from their person!!
Always look on the bright side of life
Posey

Post by Posey »

Hi, my DD also mentioned the Exterminator! and the mobile phone. Didn't seem to put her off though. She was nervous about the tests as she didn't know what format they would take but seemed ok when she came out.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now