The Result - now the next step - Appeal?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

heartmum

The Result - now the next step - Appeal?

Post by heartmum »

Had a long chat with DD yesterday who went to bed much happier than she was a few hours earlier. There were quite a few surprises at my DD's school from those expected to pass and did not!

DD would like the opportunity to Appeal (we have to give her that chance), but as a complete novice at this I'm in panic mode :shock:

Looked at appeals section :shock: a mindfield, and can see where to start but I'm hoping those knowing (in Buckinghamshire area) could advise on the best approach with this and what should I be looking at with 'supporting documentation'? And if we get there :shock: the appeals panel!

I think my DD's school will have a busy Monday morning with all the surprise 'not passed' parents getting their forms :!:
Heartmum x x x
Hope

Post by Hope »

heartmum

I sent you a pm last night.

I hope your daugher is feeling better today, its such a disappointment and seems to be the end of the world for them, especially if their friends all passed.

Hope
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

'Hope' Thank you for your kind message - didn't spot it straight away :oops:

It's rather comforting to know that there are people out there who are happy to offer help/advice - even if they themselves are going through this stessfull time ... thank you x x x
Heartmum x x x
Shelly8

Post by Shelly8 »

Heartmum,

I know how you are feeling.
We are in the same boat, DD missed by 2 marks, and we are considering an appeal - but as you say, it looks like a daunting task!
We will make an appt. to see the Head on Monday and see what he thinks...in past meetings with him he always assured to us that DD would have no problem with the 11+...we and DD were confident and now reality has hit us really hard:(
Please can someone point me to the latest Appeals section for Bucks. on this forum?
Thanks.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Shelly and Heartmum

The most important reading matter to get you started is Etienne's "Appeals Q&A", Section B. There is also some useful information in Section E about past Bucks appeals.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... nswers.php

Once you have been to see your respective Heads you can chat to us over on the Appeals section. Start your own thread there and stick to using it. That way all your information is in one neat pile! :D

Very good luck with talking to the Heads, and I hope you get the support you need.

Sally-Anne
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Etienne and Sally-Anne in appeals section have loads of information regarding Bucks appeals, have a read at the stickies at the top. - questions and answers. They will be able to help with your appeals.

Good luck,

LFH
Shelly8

Post by Shelly8 »

Thanks.

Sally-Ane, I have sent you a mail.
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

hello
we are in the same boat; our child missed out by 1 mark, very frustrating. the school are backing us, gave him 1,1 recommendation but i still feel we do not have enough extenuating circumstances with which to appeal, it just didn't happen for him - help!
Mum B

Post by Mum B »

So glad I found this forum. I've been reading all posts and no longer feel like I'm the only parent going through this.

Our son missed it by one mark as well, more frustration than disappointment I think.

However, his first test score was only 111, so really don't know if our chances of appealing are as strong as everyone keeps telling us. He did have some disruptions during his first test (child sat behind him broke down and had to be removed from the hall) which may be why there is a big difference in his marks.

I am full of worry and dread at the thought of going to appeal. I feel that now the ball is in my court and it is down to me to "pass" the test for him!

I'm hoping to see his school Monday/Tuesday.

Good Luck to all !
Mum B

[/code]
Mum B - Bucks
flossie

Post by flossie »

There seems to be a few who narrowly missed out on a pass. Does anyone think this has something to do with the two test 1 papers and dodgy standardisation? My dd missed out on a pass by 1 point and took her test with the occ in Aylesbury.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now