Wallington girls exam today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Giulio

Wallington girls exam today

Post by Giulio »

Hi

DD sat the Wallington exam today, found it much easier then the Nonsuch one, which surprised me.

How did your DDs got on?
DIY Mum3

Post by DIY Mum3 »

My daughter isn't trying for Wallington but some of her friends sat the exam today. The general feedback seems to be the VR was easier than Nonsuch. Not sure if the paper was genuinely easier or if the girls have made significant progress since September.
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

My DD also sat Wallington today and declared it much easier than Nonsuch. She also said the Maths was easier than she had expected and the VR had a couple of tricky questions but overall was easier than Nonsuch - I think you may be right that they have made progress since Sept. As we are out of catchment she needs to be in the top 100 - anyone know the cut off point for the top 50 last year ? Many thanks
SurreySingleDad

Hi Giulio

Post by SurreySingleDad »

DD said VR much easier than Nonsuch and she found the maths trivial. Nonsuch is our first choice and hopefully our Giulio worked out 223 will still get us a possible offer in area though lower than hoped for, Wallington next option and is actually slightly closer physically.

Good luck to everyone though. Must say test looked like lots more people than Nonsuch, police, traffic wardens and queues extending way way down the road.
SurreySingleDad

Giulio results

Post by SurreySingleDad »

ps, when I said about Giulio results was referring to how your post on Nonsuch helped me work out where we were in relation to everyone else. Thanks for that!!
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Guilio - you've been so skilled at suggesting scores for Nonsuch success I just wanted to ask for your best guess for the cut-off for a top 100 place at Wallington.....!!
Keen Dad

Post by Keen Dad »

My DD sat the exam for Wallington today and she also said that it was easier than Nonsuch exam and we were surprised we thought the Wallington was going to be the tough one. :lol:
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

"to give the numbers" in Italian (dare i numeri) means somebody that went bonkers

I am sure you'll take my guesses for what they are

in this case my money is on a mark around 360 to give a rank of 200 or higher and hence a top 100 place, counting who goes somewhere else

to be in the top 50 in Nonsuch last year you needed almost 380
maybe it will be the similar in Wallington this year, and given that it is top 100, my guess is that around 360 might be the mark

all speculation, though

we should have a sweepstake now...
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Thank you Guilio - a sweepstake may be a good idea ! Anyone know how many girls sat for Wallington and Nonsuch this year ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now