City of London Offer 100%

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

quest

City of London Offer 100%

Post by quest »

Hi Anyone got offer for the city of London. I know 3 boys have been called for the interview and offered 100 % scolarship.My son took the exam as well but no phone calls or letter. anyone out there know anything! :(

Post by Guest »

as far as I'm aware most independents don't do 100% scholarships these days. Normally 50% is the absolute maximum, even for a top scholarship. Bursaries may be available for those who can't affort the fees, but that's a different matter. So I wonder if something's got lost in translation or exaggerated by someone. Also, they're not meant to give the results until the formal offer date in late Feb, by agreement with other schools.
quest

Post by quest »

Anonymous wrote:as far as I'm aware most independents don't do 100% scholarships these days. Normally 50% is the absolute maximum, even for a top scholarship. Bursaries may be available for those who can't affort the fees, but that's a different matter. So I wonder if something's got lost in translation or exaggerated by someone. Also, they're not meant to give the results until the formal offer date in late Feb, by agreement with other schools.
City of London boys give 100 % schalorship for 10 boys (unconditional)
until they finish A/L.( this is sponserd by HSBC Bank)
sj355

Re: City of London Offer 100%

Post by sj355 »

As far as I know (in a letter of HABS) the results of interviews in a bunch of schools (including HSBS, MT, City of London Boys, Highgate, Upper Latymer, etc) will all send their offers on the 22/02. So I do not know how this can be (but the explanation may be the existence of a private sponshorship). My son finsihd all interviews on the 23/01.

INEX

quest wrote:Hi Anyone got offer for the city of London. I know 3 boys have been called for the interview and offered 100 % scolarship.My son took the exam as well but no phone calls or letter. anyone out there know anything! :(
sj355
hallie

Post by hallie »

I remember reading somewhere that at the HMC a couple of years ago it was agreed that HMC schools would adopt a policy of giving scholarships up to a maximum of 50% only. This for non-means tested awards rather than means-tested bursaries.
Is City of London an HMC school or affiliated to another organisation?

Post by Guest »

From the City of London website:

- offers posted in Feb like other schools
- academic scholarships are up to max of 50%
- means tested sponsored awards can be up to 100%.

So either:
- the school isn't adhering to what it's said, or
- the 100% awards are actually means-tested
quest

Post by quest »

Anonymous wrote:From the City of London website:

- offers posted in Feb like other schools
- academic scholarships are up to max of 50%
- means tested sponsored awards can be up to 100%.

So either:
- the school isn't adhering to what it's said, or
- the 100% awards are actually means-tested
These boys (I know 2 of the boys)took the test but after that parents got a call from the school for the interview in the interview they have been offered a place with 100 % I mean scharship.
Guest2

City of London offer 100%

Post by Guest2 »

City of London said in the written material sent pre-exam that letters inviting boys to interview would be sent by 1st class post Feb 2nd, so I would not worry if you havent heard anything yet. I dont know anyone else who has been called early, so I guess these must be cases of special hardship perhaps or eligibility for special awards?
guest2

City of London offer 100%

Post by guest2 »

So they have stuck to what was promised; the letters about interviews mustve been posted yesterday 1st class. We were very relieved to get one; it arrived this morning but very late delivery. I hope you get one too!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now