Appeal yesterday

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bucks Mum

Appeal yesterday

Post by Bucks Mum »

Hi all

We had our appeal yesterday and I have to say the occasion was made more bearable by the panel members, the LEA rep and the clerk. They tried to put us at our ease and were all very polite. The chairman told us he had been sitting on these panels for 10 years, so I felt he was very experienced. They asked quite a few questions, none of which I thought were odd or unreasonable. I could see their reasoning for asking for certain things to be clarified. One panel member, who was a teacher, seemed very interested in what books my daughter was reading and I was pleased that I had plenty to talk to her about.
We are now waiting for the outcome.

Good luck to anyone who still has their appeal to come. It really wasn't as arduous as I had imagined.
Bucks Mum

Appeal yesterday and thanks!!

Post by Bucks Mum »

Hi again

I really should have said a huge thank you to everybody who has posted their experiences on this site, it has been invaluable in the last couple of months. The information I gained from this forum enabled me to go to my appeal as well prepared as possible and therefore do the best I could for my daughter.
Again good luck to those still waiting for their appeals.