Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
patricia

Results

Post by patricia »

Dear All

The results are only a week away, I believe this can be the most stressful time for parents, children, grandparents etc etc. Probably not a good time for trawling 11+ forums.

My children's junior school used to do circle time on the afternoon of results day. The head would tell the children it wasn't about success or failure but about selection and non selection.

Some concerns made by the children were very sad indeed ' scared I am going to let my parents down' 'scared my best friend wont talk to me if I pass and she doesn't'

The children, and their parents were told not to open the letters on the playground but to take home. We were also told not to tell our children their scores as this only created another ' bitching' session 'my score was better than yours'

All I am saying is, please be careful how you approach the subject, whatever the outcome. I told my children that we would go out to dinner on result day whatever their score, that way they didn't think they were being praised just for passing

Patricia
Last edited by patricia on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I contacted another forum member today and ,oh surprise, he also had an identity complex. It's a very small world here.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Catherine

I know curiosity killed the cat - but who?

Only 5 days to g. It will be the longest 5 days anyone will ever experience.

Good luck to parents and most importantly the children

Patricia
catherine

Post by catherine »

Patricia,

I can't say who. Just say that I was looking for a second opinion but got the firts one.

Post by Guest »

:roll:
Rolling Eyes What a long week!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Its not the TYPE of school your child attends but HOW your child performs in that school[whether its a grammar or an upper]

A child could get into a grammar and may not perform.

Grammar school doesn't mean ' well behaved '

On the other hand you may have a child who flourishes in an upper.

We tend to want a grammar school education for our children [because the system is there] but it isn't the end of the world if your child does't make it.

One day to go....

Patricia
Last edited by patricia on Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bucksparent

Post by bucksparent »

Can't help feeling a bit nervous today (results day). I think it's worse than with my elder daughter as my younger is more nervous and has a number phobia! It could go either way. She also didn't finish either paper (had 6-8 questions left). And suffered all the usual angst when friends told her they were "easy". Was getting 65-68 in practice papers after I coached her a bit so it will be interesting to see if that's enough (didn't usually finish the practice papers either). But she has a June birthday so maybe that'll pull her up a bit.

Anyway, I think I'm just writing to ease the tension so feel free to join in! I'll put a post when we know her results. Might be useful for people in general to see rough level of Bucks pass rate.

Good luck everyone.
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

Good luck, I will be thinking of you all today.
Mel

Post by Mel »

Hi Bucks Parent and all the other parents waiting anxiously today.

I have never known anxiety like it. Like you I don't feel totally confident. Not like I did when my son first did the test. He was scoring similar to your child in practise and he did finish both tests but it doesnt make it any easier to know. He himself is quietly confident as he feels he done enough and the fact that that the DH at our school said you need about 65 correct gives him hope. I only hope he is right.

The worst thing is my son has an after school club today so we wont know until quite late.
Keeping everything crossed until then.

Good luck to you and your child and to evryone here going through the same.

Mel

Post by Guest »

Hi Bucksparent, Mel and other Bucks parent, and may be other parent,

Is anyone, not from Bucks expecting results today?

I haven't much to say today. My mind is totally blank.

Good luck to you all

Catherine
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now