Advice pls - my son

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stifflerp

Advice pls - my son

Post by stifflerp »

Hi - please b gentle new to this.

I am currently putting my 10 year old through exams at LEA funded selective exams (BV, QM, KE, Handsworth). I found out about these earlier this year so missed out with my 11 year old who is currently in year 7 at local secondary school.

My 11 year old is very bright and was after some advice on getting into one of these LEA funded selective grammar schools is there a way?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
fm

Post by fm »

I am assuming the 11 year did not do any of the exams.

You should ring up the King Edward Foundation office and ask to be put on the waiting list for any resits. There are usually a couple of resits done for places which have become vacant during Year 7 but you won't be called to do them unless you are on the waiting lists for these schools. Last year I know there were resits for Camp Hill Girls, KE Handsworth Girls and Five Ways; you can always ask the office if there were resits for any others.

For Handsworth Boys, there is often a resit but it used to be in the form of an English and maths test rather than verbal reasoning. The two boys I know who did resits (and passed) both did them around May time, year 7. Again you need to be on their waiting list in order to be called to do the resit.

I don't know about the rest but I imagine it is the same i.e. you must ask to be put on their waiting list in order to be called for any resits. I would also ask what form their resit takes and ensure he is up to scratch in this area.

Hope this helps.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now