Illness

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LELUCE

Illness

Post by LELUCE »

Hi, my son is due to sit the 11 plus nerxt tuesday but we are concerned that he will not perform as well as would of if he hadn't been ill this last week with throat and ear infection. Should we just leave him too it & what will be will be or let the LEA know. We have had a letter saying let then know if you think any factors could affect children sitting the test.

He had been doing well in his practice papers until this last week :( Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Depends how he is on the day - in a way it may be fortunate that he has had the lurgee this last week rather than starting at the weekend... :? If he is still ill tuesday - then don't send him but hopefully he will pick up over the weekend and be better for tuesday
kittyhola

Post by kittyhola »

Hi - my 2 girls sat the 11+ two years running and luckily neither of them were ill but I can draw on the experience of other parents whose children weren't well. If your child is really unwell on the morning then you are far better not to send then in and let them sit it on another day. If your child is a little below par but you think they are ok to sit then be sure to send a letter in with school explaining this. There is always a cut off date by which any supporting letters must be in by. If you don't trust your headteacher to pass the letter on - it does happen! - then ensure you send it to the correct person. I think you will find the details in the book you were sent from the LEA re applying to transfer to secondary school. Please check who you need to send the letter to - my kids primary school was one where 90% of the kids sat the exam and it was held at school. I guess if your child is sitting the test at the grammar school then maybe your primary head isn't the person to give the letter to. Hope I haven't confused you. Good luck! I feel for you which is why I'm on - dispensing any advise I can :D
LELUCE

Thank you

Post by LELUCE »

Thank you for the advice ! He seems a lot better this weekend, so maybe it was a blessing disguise he had the infections over the last few weeks :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now