Good News

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ana Maria

Good News

Post by Ana Maria »

Hello

I just wanted to say that we heard this morning that our case for our daughter Ellie was successful!
I have been practically glued to this site for the last 2 months and know that I would not have been able to deal with the appeal so well without the invaluable advice from everyone. I especially want to thank Etienne and Sally Anne whose advice I have been so grateful for. It definately put me in a much more confident position last Wednesday. You are very kind to give up so much of your time to help us stressed out parents.
I truly sympathise with parents who didn't get the result they hoped for - I was at that place 2 years ago with my eldest daughter so I do know how it feels. All I can say is that here is life beyond this - my daughter is thriving at our local Upper and is very happy there.
Congratulations to all of you who have got through and Good Luck to all those still waiting.
Thank You all so much again and no doubt I will be coming back in 2 years time when we start this all over again with my youngest!

Ana
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Dear Ana

I recall your husband didn't want to face the stress of another appeal!

So very pleased to hear of your success.

Good, too, to know that your older daughter is thriving at upper school.

All the best for next time!

Congratulations
Etienne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Fantastic news!

Great too to hear that your oldest child is happily settled and doing well -

I do hope you don't have to go through this a third time ..
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Ana Maria

I am so pleased that you have been successful. Well done, and I hope that you have the energy and staying power to advise other parents in future. You will have a lot of experience to give, I am sure.

Like you, I am still here because I have another one to go! Please keep looking at the Forum, especially in November.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
Ana Maria

Post by Ana Maria »

Even though our appeal is over I can't quite drag myself away! I keep hoping for more happy news postings.
I would be more than happy to help anyone out who needs it. Having been through this twice now I do understand a lot more about how the appeal process works. The first time around I don't even know why we went as the evidence was all over the place but with Ellie we had a good solid case - stong academic evidence and support from the school was a big bonus.
I will come back in November (minus the stress) and share my experiences.

Take Care

Ana x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now