Which Primary Schools are Our Children At?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hazel1

Which Primary Schools are Our Children At?

Post by hazel1 »

My child is at Chad Vale Primary School. Each year the school usually have about half a dozen children planning to sit the 11+ examinations. What school does your child go to and how many usually sit the 11+ examinations from your child's school? :D (this should be interesting to see where all the children who sit each year come from.
Mum

Post by Mum »

My child is at St Peter's Primary, Harborne, (which is a 2-form entry school with up to 60 pupils per year group) and tells me that about a third of the class took the KE exam. If this is repeated in the other class then approx 20 from St Peter's took exam.

Obviously nowhere near that number got places last year, but I don't know how many took exam.

http://www.st-petersce.bham.sch.uk/newssept06.doc
gives destinations of last year's leavers. I would assume that the children who have gone to independent schools most probably were among those who took KE exam.
DOT 1

ke HANDSWORTH BHAM

Post by DOT 1 »

does anyone know the truth about the absymal results at Ke Handsworth girls that were published in January. Is the school going downhill?
GUESTDOT1

CURRENT RESULTS AT kE hANDSWORTH GIRLS?

Post by GUESTDOT1 »

I HAVE PUT MY DAUGHTER IN FOR ke HANDSWORTH BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD THE CURRENT RESULTS ARE AWFUL aNY COMMENTS?

Post by Guest »

Don'think they are that bad - see link to Birmingham league tables under a separate posting on this site.

Having said that I don't think Handsworth Girls are doing themselves any favours by not posting the results on their web site, so they may be a bit worse than previous years. These things go in phases - you tend to get good and bad years regarding intake.
jah

KE Handsworth results

Post by jah »

Don't forget that results have been adjusted to take into account GCSE English and Maths. All it needs to be knocked down to 98 % is for 2 girls out of 128 to be ill on the day of either an English or Maths papers.
jah

Post by jah »

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now