Oh no

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
LELUCE

Oh no

Post by LELUCE »

My DS sat his first paper today & realised he had started to fill in the wrong answer sheet :oops: rubbed it out, started again but didn't have time to finish the last 7-8 questions ! Not sure if he has any chance of passing now so should I let him sit next weeks paper ?

So sad as he has done so well up to now
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Hi Leluce,

I'm sorry that your son didn't have the best start to his 11+, but this is only one paper, of which there are two to sit.
I would remain positive and send him in next week, for all you know he could still have done enough.
I know it’s a cliché but I would be more concerned about the child who thought it was easy and had lots of time left over.

Draw a line under today’s experience and focus on next week’s exam.
It's an awful process we have to subject our children too, but with your support he will get through it regardless of the results.

Wishing your son all the luck in the world.

AM
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Leluce

I am unsure how your child can fill out the wrong answer sheet. There is only one double sided sheet.

Did the invigilator give out 2 sheets in error? If so you should make a formal complaint to the school. Was this other sheet for the next test?

You should definitely allow your child to sit the next paper, they may have left 7/8 out, but they could have scored well on the questions they did complete. Keep up some practice in between the tests.

Does your child know to leave the the 2 Z questions until last?

Good Luck

Patricia
LELUCE

Thank you

Post by LELUCE »

Thank you for your replies and support :wink: It is a stressful time for the children and parents alike. What is the type Z questions ?

Thanks again
guest43

Post by guest43 »

Even a lot of good candidates don't finish!
fm

Post by fm »

They are the ones which are long-winded and take a lot of reading for only 1 point, so best left to end.
LELUCE

Post by LELUCE »

Thank FM I will tell him to leave them until last, you never know he may do enough next week to comp, if not then it's not the end of the world. I think we are lucky here on the Wirral as it has some really good schools.

Thanks again
Suey12

Post by Suey12 »

Hi LELUCE, how did your DS get on with the second 11+ paper yesterday? I hope he did ok.

It's so hard to gauge how they actually scored. All I know is my DS said the practice papers were easier than the real ones (why do they do that?), but he thinks he did OK. How long is a piece of string!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Don't know if you have same format as Kent but DS realised in VR that he had put some answers in wrong boxes (it was multi choice) went back, rubbed out, started crying, guessed last few questions and still got 140. He was really upset that evening but went in the next morning and overall did very well.

Hope this gives you some hope.
LELUCE

Post by LELUCE »

Thanks to Doodles and Suey12. He said the practice papers were much easier, don't know why as they're meant to be past papers :? Anyway he sat the second paper, no tears or mix ups but he found it hard & only got to 73 as he only got to 71 on the first paper we're not expecting him to pass...but who knows :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now