Solihull Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Concerned_Dad

Solihull Schools

Post by Concerned_Dad »

Moving into Solihull area in the summer from Manchester, with a child about to start year 7, does anyone know which schools are good in the area. We have been told our catchment is Lighthall School, but I hear its below average. Any suggestions on how I could go about getting another choice school, do I need to appeal, if so, how.
KenR

Post by KenR »

As you are moving into the area from Manchester you will still be able to explore some of the Birmingham King Edward and other Grammar schools - there are excellent travel arrangements to these schools using the School Green Bus company

I assume your child has not taken an 11+ exam in the Manchester area, in which case you should contact the KE Foundation Office and seek advice about the entry requirements for parents moving into the area.

Some friends of ours moved into the West Midlands area from Surrey some years ago and managed to get a late 11+ exam and got their child into KE Five Ways. I seem to recall that the exam for those relocating into the area was some time in March.

You need to get moving fairly quickly if you you want to consider this option.
solimum

Solihull Schools

Post by solimum »

Arden and Tudor Grange vie for "top" position within Solihull but both are oversubscribed and late places have been difficult to come by even when moving into the catchment area. Solihull schools are in general well regarded and popular with those who live just over the border in Birmingham.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now