Laptops

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

Laptops

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I need to find the cheapest new laptops available. Does anyone know of any good sites and is it possible to get a 13 inch+ screen for under £200?

Thanks!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Go to DABS website

http://www.dabs.com/articles/landingpag ... -4681.html

and look at their 'Budget Friendly Laptops under £300'

a Compaq mini (10.1" screen :cry: ) is £219.98 - you'll be hard pushed to find a 13" at the price you want.

Also, be VERY careful that it's got the programmes on you want - basic computers/laptops have very little in the way of software on them.
KB

Post by KB »

For this price would imagine you are going to need to make some compromises - have you worked out minimum requirements?
Have you thought about second-hand from local computer shop - might get more for your money & can take back if doesn't do what it should.
Dell online outlet store used to have customer returns on it but that was some time ago.
andyb

Post by andyb »

A month or so back someone posted a link for a website that sells computers to school pupils at a discount - I think you just had to select the school from a dropdown list - unfortunately I can't remember which forum it was posted on or what the website was called but maybe someone else will.
andyb

Post by andyb »

It was this www.software4students.co.uk but I think they may just offer discounted software.
doodles

Post by doodles »

We recently got an Acer very cheaply from Tesco and it has (so far) been excellent.

We have 3 laptops in the house and with all of them we have had to load microsoft word/excel etc on separately. We got a 3 licence version for about £70 online but it is an added cost you need to keep in mind.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

dell outlet is quite good but have to add on vat and postage
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Thanks guys. I am totally clueless but at least I ave a starting point now! 8)
Milla

Post by Milla »

I got a second hand one from a small shop in the town near us. a reconditioned IBM from some office which had upgraded. Great though and perfectly good enough for me. Nice and new is all very well but it doesn't last and if it saves a couple of hundred quid then why not?
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

Completely agree Milla and will probably be the route I take when it come's to Midget man needing one of his own.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now