Snowy day

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Snowy day

Post by moved »

Both children's schools are open, but for the first time there is an advantage to not having moved. We have snow, 15-20 cm! They are out in the road with the neighbouring children building snowmen. OH working from home. :D :D
andyb

Post by andyb »

Both schools closed - I just wish they didn't have to phone quite so early!! Going out to play :D
Chelmsford mum

Re: Snowy day

Post by Chelmsford mum »

moving wrote:Both children's schools are open, but for the first time there is an advantage to not having moved. We have snow, 15-20 cm! They are out in the road with the neighbouring children building snowmen. OH working from home. :D :D
Little ones school shut, older girls' school open but really given that they won't work today anyway have kept them off.
So (day 18 on the other thread!) sees all female members of the household eating bacon sandwiches and enjoying a duvet day....out to play later :D
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

DS broke up on Wednesday so this morning we towed DD to primary school (which is open) on the sledge....the countryside is beautiful, no roads around here appear to have been gritted so everyone having a lovely time in 10cms of snow.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

DC off school today as it's closed. Snow not even particularly impressive. Off out to play before it melts...
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Snow? What snow?
Loopy
moved

Post by moved »

Lovely birthday present for DD. We now have a giant snow ball on the drive. Pushed around in the snow by about 10 children. Street getting slushy enough to drive on so I'm off to the shops to buy the present for the family we are meeting in London tomorrow.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

I am so jealous to hear of all the good fun you and your children are having in the snow-wish my children were off school :( Our snow isn't thati mpressive either so will probably all just be mush by the time I pick them up from school :roll:
doodles

Post by doodles »

We have really "big" snow in West Kent. Can't get the car out - children out playing. Sorry for those of you that are snowless.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

We have lots of snow (8" up on the moors) and dd's school is closed.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now