2010 Medway Test!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ThursdaysGirl

2010 Medway Test!

Post by ThursdaysGirl »

Not sure if anyone else has picked this up, but in the most recent Medway consultation document concerning admission to secondary school, it shows that the Medway Test will be taken on Saturday 25 September 2010 - almost a month earlier than 2009. The results will be sent to parent on the 8 October 2010.
Thursdays Girl. :)
One World, One People, US!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

This is interesting, ThursaysGirl, although usually the Council have until May to make final decisions so is this something they are considering? Can you provide the link to the consultation document?

nearlydone

Post by nearlydone »

If you look on Medway Council site under Admissions, you will see a number of draft consultation documents that have been sent out to various schools etc. The one with the relevant dates is 'Secondary Admisssion Scheme'. It does say test is in September however this is a draft with comments due by January. Seems to be getting earlier every year!!!
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

Hmm thats nearer the kent test, out of interest I wonder when their test is next year :?:
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

just popped on to kent admissions and their consultation document says they are thinking of doing the test on 18th sept for out of county children :)
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Looks like a lot of children will be working thru the summer holidays.... :?
reddebs

Post by reddebs »

Must say I am not surprised, sad though as the children are missing 6 weeks of very important prep time. Last year this meant most of my students could chose to spend the summer hols either attending revision classes, sitting practice tests or in some cases not attending at all knowing that come the start of September there were 6 clear weeks to refocus and practice, practice practice.
If this date is upheld it is not only them that will be working throughout most of the summer! Good job I haven't booked the flights yet!
red_debs
ThursdaysGirl

Post by ThursdaysGirl »

medwaymum wrote:This is interesting, ThursaysGirl, although usually the Council have until May to make final decisions so is this something they are considering? Can you provide the link to the consultation document?

Sorry to reply so late, here is the link to the draft consultation documentation: http://www.medway.gov.uk/proposed_coord ... aft_v3.pdf

I agree that the Council have until May to make final decisions, but over the year’s important factors such as dates have never changed from a draft to a finalised consultation document.
Thursdays Girl. :)
One World, One People, US!
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Thanks for that Thursdays Girl!! :)
TEARFULmum

medway format

Post by TEARFULmum »

not sure about this but I heard last night that they were introducing non verbal reasoning as well. to be in line with Kent