Has anyone bothered to apply to Birkenhead Academy

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

motherinmess

Has anyone bothered to apply to Birkenhead Academy

Post by motherinmess »

Hi everyone

New to the forum and would like to know everyone's views on the BHS Academy. Has anyone applied this year? Has becoming an Academy changed anyone's view?

Many thanks

MIM xx
guest43

Post by guest43 »

motherinmess

Post by motherinmess »

Hi

Thanks for reply, I was just wondering if anyone was applying this year. As not alot talking about back ups.

It looks like a good school even thou it's become an Academy. Just really stressful time right now making sure doing best for my girl.

MIM
guest43

Post by guest43 »

motherinmess

Post by motherinmess »

Hi again

It says on BHSA web site 40 places to be taken up by prep. So only 60 places. Would still rather look at BHSA than any other comp.

What do you mean with Birkenhead School? I think their test isnt till Jan. My daughters friends are already talking about siting the exam.

The forum is really quiet this year compared to others, would be nice to know I'm not the only one worried.

MIM
guest43

Post by guest43 »

irbymum

BHSA

Post by irbymum »

I understand that quite a few of the staff are leaving the academy at the end of this year, including the Head, the Deputy and some Heads of Department. Our friend's daughter who goes there says the atmosphere has already changed for the worse and she is moving her to Birkenhead School Prep for Year 6 to make sure she gets in there. Our daughter is going to sit the Birkenhead School entrance exam in January, we know quite a few girls there and they all seem to be loving it - shame about the fees though!
Kittykat

Post by Kittykat »

Some of my daughter's friends go to BHA, and got in after the allocation date in march because there were so many spaces left (they hadn't sat the test or put it down on the preference form, even) , so although there doesn't seem to be many places going, the places were certainly not all filled on national allocation day last year.
guest43

Post by guest43 »

hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

hi guest43 - thanks for this explanation - I read the wirral threads from time to time and have to remind myself of the situation there... and which birkenhead school is which. etc problem of very similar names but clearly very different types of school