BHS TO MERGE WITH PRENTON HIGH?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
guest42

Post by guest42 »

Wallasey

Post by Wallasey »

Yes that's what was suggested in the info in the link given on the BHS thread. It detailed pupil numbers and said BHS alone was too small to be viable, plus projected numbers for many other schools would fall. It looked as though mergers between BHS/Prenton and Park/Rock Ferry were the new big idea.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

http://democracy.wirral.gov.uk/Publishe ... Public.pdf
(I suppose this should be a separate thread now).
See para .4 and beyond of link above for details. Yes, looks like some form of hard collaboration between the 2 schools is hoped for. To be discussed further no doubt at the Cabinet meeting on 6 November 2008.
Like I said quite a complex scenario!
guest42

Post by guest42 »

irbymum

Post by irbymum »

I have heard that the GDST (who own the Academy) are looking at selling the existing site and so that when they merge with Prenton they'll get lots of funding from the government's "Building Schools" scheme to build something new on the Prenton site.
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Wouldn't have thought that the Prenton High site was big enough. I thought also that the emphasis was on developing the existing site with a mixture of new build and major and minor refurbishment of existing buildings, apparenty with a capital investment of £10 million over two years but maybe this has been superceded.
The above information was obtained from the Information for candidates which accompanies the applications for recent vacancy for Headteacher.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now