And the first school closes for snow ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

And the first school closes for snow ...

Post by Sally-Anne »

The first school closure for Wednesday has just appeared on the Bucks CC website - Westfield School in Bourne End.

Now that was a short term, wasn't it? :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Some of the Skipton kids had one day at school yesterday and then off today - others didn't even get in for the first day today as the schools were shut.... kids seem delighted!
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Reading & Bucks just gone RED at the Met. Office. :shock:

Reading School are planning to set work on "sharepoint" the school intra-net. :lol: :lol:

steve
Very Heavy Snowfall 2000 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6
There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting the area during Tuesday evening and overnight into Wednesday morning. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and possibly in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

The public are advised to take extreme care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1653 Tue 5 Jan
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

stevew61 wrote:Reading & Bucks just gone RED at the Met. Office. :shock:
Yes, that was very sudden wasn't it? We've been orange all day. I've just spoken to someone only 6 miles away and they have had tons of white fluffy stuff, and very suddenly.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Westfield is a special school, therefore takes children from a very wide area.

Within 15 minutes of arriving for a tutoring session the snow had completely covered the road outside. I knew I would have to negoiate a steep hill home, so cut the lesson short.

An absolute idiot overtook me coming down that hill, the poor car coming up the hill must have been just as scared as me.

I would like to say a swear word...

Patricia
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Great Marlow is now added to the list. Doubt there'll be much left to close by 9.00am tomorrow !
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Six schools down now, and am quietly praying that the rest will follow like dominoes, because we have just unearthed a piece of homework that was due in tomorrow and should have taken at least an hour to complete over the holidays! :oops:

h.e.l.p!
mad?

Post by mad? »

Sally-Anne wrote:Six schools down now, and am quietly praying that the rest will follow like dominoes, because we have just unearthed a piece of homework that was due in tomorrow and should have taken at least an hour to complete over the holidays! :oops:

h.e.l.p!
Well I am sitting here in envy of everyone because we NEVER have snow and NEVER get a day off and, whilst I recognise it is inconvenient for many, just once, just once, I would LOVE it to snow here!!!
mad?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

An early poetic contribution from a Bucks school:
The snow is falling fast and swift
And into large piles it has drift
The answer to the question posed;
'Yipee, yep, the school is closed!
MrsChubbs

Very poetic

Post by MrsChubbs »

He's back with a vengence, Sally-Anne!