12 January 2007
Second exchange of information with neighbouring LEAs

26 January 2007
Third exchange of information with neighbouring LEAs

16 February 2007
Neighbouring LEAs notified of offers for resident children

1 March 2007
National Offer Day

At which stage would the head of my daughter's school have information regarding admission to secondary school?
Bearwood Mum

Post by Bearwood Mum »

Any list of school offers received by a primary school head at the beginning of March would necessarily be incomplete and inaccurate.

If any of the primary school pupils live in a different local authority area, they would not be included in such a list; pupils going to independent schools would not be included; the outcome of appeals etc. would not be known.

My recollection, 4 years ago, was that the school relied on parents telling the staff what the offers were. There has certainly never been any indication that the Head knew something that the parents didn't. Perhaps he's just been very discreet!!

This may have changed with the new system; but I would expect it to be September before the heads definitely know where all their pupils are going. One girl from last year is still out of school. When I see him next week, I will ask whether he gets a list.
jah

Post by jah »

I have spoke to my children's deputy head. she says that offers are posted to them at the same time as offers are posted to parents. This is for children living in Birmingham. Some of the children live in Sandwell or Dudley. I don't think those LEA's notify schools outside their own area.

The deputy also thinks that they get a separate letter from the KE foundation. That is for all children at school who applied to KE grammars, not just Birmingham children.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now