Good questions for children to ask at interview.

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
blue

Good questions for children to ask at interview.

Post by blue »

Hi,

My DC takes her common entrance exam on Friday and will also be interviewed in a group of 4 or 5 girls on the same day.
Does anyone have any great advice or experience on the type of questions she could ask the head if they ask her if she has any questions? (which of course they will).
Bearing in mind that we are trying for a bursary it would be great if DC could really impress.
Also any idea what type of questions they get asked by the head?

imaginefriendly

Interview questions

Post by imaginefriendly »

They would ask questions

1) About your child's personality - favourite TV programme, hobbies
2) Debating about current world conflict, discussing about the recent news - heavy snow in England or the 2010 World Cup in Africa.

3) Give general knowledge questions and mental arithmetic questions (e.g. Of 20 pupils 16 go scuba diving and 8 like water polo - how many like scuba diving and water polo)

4) Ask why the child enjoys the school; - what do you like in our school
5) Ask further questions referring to the C.V.
blue

Post by blue »

Thanks imaginefriendly,

That's great. I suppose they could ask pretty much anything. Asking maths on the spot is a bit scary!
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

I'd be tempted to suggest she asks about something that really interests her.

If she plays an instrument, for example, "What would I need to do to be able to play in the senior orchestra?" Or perhaps something about the sports teams, "Does the hockey team ever go on a tour?"

She could look out for something on the wall that she likes (perhaps a piece of artwork) and ask "Which year has done that work? Does everyone have the chance to do it, or would I need to choose that option?"

I'm pretty sure they will be looking for youngsters who are interested in taking a full part in the school and this would show she would.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now