Deleting a preference

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Charl39

Deleting a preference

Post by Charl39 »

Has anyone ever heard of someone contacting the admissions authority and being allowed to delete one of their preferences? There's 2 months to go until admissions day and I'm panicking!

I know the closing date was 23 Oct and understand there must be a cut off point or the process will go on and on but wonder if they ever bend the rules.
Charl39
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The only way to find out is to contact admissions but I'm not sure they have any scope to bend the rules.

From the Herts website re late applications
9 February 2010. Any applications made after this date will not be offered a school place until week commencing 26 April 2010
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

:)
Charl39
WP

Post by WP »

I think the pan-London co-ordination leaves little room for flexibility. Here is the pan-London timetable from page 15 of Barnet's arrangements for 2010/11:
  • 23 October 2009: Closing date for applications
  • 16 November 2009: Deadline for the transfer of application information by the Home LA to the Pan-London Register (PLR).
  • 11 December 2009: Deadline for the upload of late applications to the PLR.
  • 3 February 2010: Deadline for the transfer of potential offer information from the Maintaining LAs to the PLR.
  • 16 February 2010: Final ALT file to PLR
  • 24 February 2010 Deadline for On-line ALT file to portal
  • 1 March 2010: Offer letters posted.
Quote from page 11:
Barnet council wrote:Barnet Council will accept late applications only if they are late for a good reason. Examples of what will be considered as good reason include: when a single parent has been ill for some time, or has been dealing with the death of a close relative; a family has just moved into the area or is returning from abroad (proof of ownership or tenancy of a property within this LA will be required in these cases). Other circumstances will be considered and each case decided on its own merits.
(This is apparently pan-London boilerplate.)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now