Not long to wait now...

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ed's mum

Not long to wait now...

Post by Ed's mum »

My daughter takes her exams for two indie schools next week. Very nerve-wracking for all of the family as we know how much it means to her.

Good luck to all also going through this ordeal. We're fortunate that we find out about one of them very quickly - about ten days later. So, hopefully, we will know (one way or the other) the outcome for her for the school her brother and cousins attend by the end of this month.

Maybe then I will start sleeping properly again? Although a bed would help!

All the best everyone!
BB248

Post by BB248 »

Ed's mum

Good luck to your daughter with these impending exams. Do hope you get the result you want.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I cannot imagine how you must feel Ed's mum as the suspense is killing me too. I want to know everything! :oops: Please wish her the best of luck from me and I am thinking of you all. :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

Good luck to your DD. Hope all goes well.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh one million or so good lucks to you and her, Ed's mum. Blimey I shudder with relief to "know," that period of suspense after the exams is just something else. And of course the crazed time up to it ain't too hot either.
(EDIT: The site has censored my kisses :cry: )
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
Freya

Post by Freya »

Fingers crossed for your DD Ed's Mum! I remember the anxious wait last year for my DS also sitting 2 indies. The hardest part for me was trying not to quiz him too much about every single detail of the day and acting all light hearted about it all to take any pressure off him.

Virtual 'high fives' flying your way for you and your DD. 8)
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
zorro

Post by zorro »

Ed's mum, I echo what everyone has said ! Best of Luck!!
Thisismadness

Post by Thisismadness »

Best of luck to you and your daughter - at least you're on the home straight. Currently doing the anxious wait for DS1's results, but know that even if he's in, DS2 in two years may then feel under pressure to get into the same school. Does your daughter desperately want to be at the same school as her brother, and how do you feel about same school/two different schools?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Thanks all.

Thisismadness: Yes, she desperately wants to attend this school. I do genuinely think it will suit her though - even more than my son actually - so we're not just hoping for it as my son's there.

I would love for them to be at the same school as, apart from how much I love the place, it also is so much easier to have children with the same holidays/journey to school etc.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

'Ed's mum' ... Sending your DD Good Luck wishes for the exam x x x
Heartmum x x x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now