BUCKS - POSTPONED APPEALS

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

BUCKS - POSTPONED APPEALS

Post by Sally-Anne »

As many Forum members will have realised, the bad weather has meant that quite a number of appeals have been postponed.

Firstly, on behalf of all Forum members, I would like to thank the Appeals team at County Hall for the immense amount of hard work that is going into trying to reschedule the appeals and reissue all the paperwork. It has become a mountainous task to try to schedule every appeal before 1st March.

Secondly, all parents appealing should be very grateful to panel members. Those who are able to get to the various appeal venues are fitting in extra hearings each day and they are also going to hear cases on Saturday mornings in order to cope with the backlog. They are all volunteers and give up their time freely to do this thankless task.

Now a request! Please, please do not bombard the Appeals office with telephone calls about anything, especially the rescheduling of appeals! Every phone call you make is preventing them from getting on with the job in hand, which is rescheduling the appeals! It is rapidly becoming a downward spiral. You will receive a letter confirming your new hearing date, so please be patient.

The barrage of phone calls, plus the huge workload, may also mean delays in issuing appeal results letters to parents, and I am sure that no one wishes to see that happen.

Take pity on the Appeals team – don’t pick up the phone unless you absolutely have to!
Morning Glory

Post by Morning Glory »

I already thought it must be a nightmare for them without the disruptions with the weather. With 800+ appeals , the time of year they are held (with Christmas in between) and a deadline to meet I think they all deserve a medal.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Morning Glory wrote:... With 800+ appeals , the time of year they are held (with Christmas in between) and a deadline to meet I think they all deserve a medal.
I totally agree!!!
Heartmum x x x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Thank you to Morning Glory and Heartmum for those comments. I have no idea if they will ever reach the relevant people in the Appeals department, but if they do, I am sure that they will appreciate your very kind praise.

I hear that scheduled appeals are running normally now, but the backlog still creates a huge problem.

Once again I would ask everyone not to call the Appeals Department unless you absolutely have to.
Olly

Post by Olly »

I have new date - 6 February.... instead of 13 January. I was so quick for sending paper. I wanted to finish it early and finally I have present for my birthday :-) But I understand all problems and complications and I absolutly agree, they do great job. I know how awful working with unhappy parents. I used to be a teacher. Bless them :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now