Purchase X Tiffin Girls Test Papers anywhere please?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Doblinski

Purchase X Tiffin Girls Test Papers anywhere please?

Post by Doblinski »

Should imagine these exchange hands for body-parts and diamonds, but is it possible to get hold of these do you know please? And if yes, where do I get hold of them? Thanks
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

I take it from the 200 people who've read my post and have not answered that this topic is off limits in some way? I was hoping there is a legitimate way of getting hold of these papers rather than back of the lorry route :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

sorry Doblinski, not my area..

have you tried searching on the forum yet?
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

I have never seen any. I could make some up and sell them... maybe that would be a good scam and pay for my Easter hols?
Animis opibusque parati
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

having searched back it would appear thatthey are not available on teh open market. They are Nfer format though so the 4 GL/Letts papers would be appropriate

This post from Patricia has more info about the types of question and resources

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... bf136860c7
Nou

Post by Nou »

The tests are the same as the other GLA tests, there is no mystery. They are of a similar standard to other schools e.g. HBS which my daughter also sat this year. Even if you did obtain a contraband past paper you would find it is similar to the practice tests that are available to purchase.
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

Yes when I used to teach we used GCSE test papers for the following year's mock exams. I guess entrance-exams are too similar each year for them to be available later-on as it would make a mockery of the test perhaps? And if the books etc available are similar in themselves then there's no-point; although I've heard people say that the books are easier than most actual entrance exams??
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Hi Doblinski - yes it;s true to say that in some cases some of the exams are harder than the practice papers avaiable in the shops but my DD has recently sat the Tiffin Girls test and she said the VR was similar in difficulty to the Walsh and Daughtry papers and the NVR was like a harder version of the NFER (GLA Assessment) papers. If you follow the advice re books to buy for Tiffin on other posts I am sure you will be preparing your child extremely well. Time will tell for us though !!!!
Nou

Post by Nou »

Wary about posting specific info about the test as apparently there may still be late sitters. My daughter thought the VR was easier than Walsh and Daughtry. She thought the NVR very tough. She is fairly weak on VR but strong on NVR. I think it indicates that children's perceptions vary wildly and are not very reliable. Incidentally she did notice girls who did not appear to have sat a VR test like it before - the invigilator was asked how to fill in the boxes on the answer sheet. She also noticed a couple of girls clearly struggling with a particular type of question.

When she sat the HBS test she definitely recognised questions she had seen before, she has not been tutored, just the usual practice papers but I guess they must sometimes ask the same questions by coincidence if nothing else.
mynameisbond

Post by mynameisbond »

Here's hoping for a great result for your DD as well on Mar 2 and for all those girls who sat the Tiffin Test. There's no doubt it is a tough one...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now