Exam Results-the waiting

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ellie

Exam Results-the waiting

Post by Ellie »

Is there anyone out there having a small nervous breakdown waiting to hear whether precious dd/ds has got into the preferred school?

I keep have been disowned by my triplets and am secretly drinking wine!
Daogroupie

The Waiting Game

Post by Daogroupie »

Our house is in chaos and we are on constant post, email and phone alert especially as we now hear that the Habs results are coming by phone and we were also told on Monday that the City results would come by email so now all bases have to be covered. We hardly dare leave the house!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Yep. Count me in on this one!
northernsoul

Post by northernsoul »

Me too! Can't sleep! :roll: How much longer???
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Do you know when you are likely to hear northernsoul?
My daughter should hear next Saturday (although may be delayed due to child being ill yesterday and having to sit it later) from one, and February 11th for the other.

ARGH!
northernsoul

Post by northernsoul »

Hi Ed's mum, we should hear next week and in 2nd week of Feb. Early start tomorrow so think I'll try whacking myself over the head to render myself unconscious for the night :lol: Ouch! not recommended.....
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Same here! Daughter has to be registered for the exams by 9. Double argh!
All the very best.
nell

Post by nell »

Just had to respond as i was going through the same as you three years ago with my triplets!! It was a terrifying time. I really know how you feel . They all took several different school entrance exams and we had a mixed bag of results (they are all quite different) One school accepted both girls, another accepted one girl and not the other and the son managed one school but not another!! It all worked out in the end as they are all together at our first choice school but I do remember many a night sinking back the red wine and hardly sleeping in between conversation after conversation about what was the best thing to do.

The very best of luck!!
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Nell, thank you for your supportive words. I am terrified, my triplets are of similar ability and have been very competitive during the exam/interview process. We get our results next month and I am worried about the scenario you describe. There is no guarantee that any school will want 3 identical girls from one family.
Suey12

Post by Suey12 »

Very best of luck to you all - I'm awaiting results for just one DS, so I can only imagine what you are going through, times three !

I'm doing mad things like constantly checking the schools' websites for clues (as if they are going to announce any names on there !!!!). :lol:

Hope all works out for you.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now