question about d day monday march 1

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chelmsford dad

question about d day monday march 1

Post by chelmsford dad »

getting bit closer now :wink: from previous experience of anyone at what time of day do you usually get the e-mail or does it vary? wondering whether to take the day off rather than sit in work suffering :(
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

Hi, if you registered online you can log in to view the allocation from midnight. The systems can get be a little busy so keep trying. Make sure you know your registration details before the day, sign in beforehand and check your details. You will receive your email around 9am and then about 5pm, you will receive the scores from the CSSE. GOOD LUCK!!
KB

Post by KB »

From previous experience you need to use the log on method if you want to know quickly. Would advise checking before about 7 am as after that it can get 'jammed' from number of users.
Sometimes the email doesn't come through for days - we got ours after the letter from the school - & the details of the scores often take a couple of days.
HammersDad

Post by HammersDad »

Silly question but do you view on the CSSE website or the local council site?
KB

Post by KB »

LEA site - will just see which school you have been allocated - but you need to have registered in advance to have access.
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

I'm going to be mean and post in this thread. Just so you can see the tracker in my sig slooooowly counting down to March 1st!

Who am I kidding, I'm a nervous wreck too :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
HammersDad

Post by HammersDad »

Thanks, still a bit lost - does anyone have the website address as I have looked on Southend on school website and can't seem to find where you log in with your code.

I am probably being a total noob but would appreciate the help.

Also is it right that we can view from midnight on March 1st?

Thanks
TP123

Post by TP123 »

HammersDad - I am confused too. :oops:

For my LEA i sent in a paper form; for CSSE i registered online and filled in the form.

So I am expecting a letter for confirmation on the school from LEA; can i log on to CSSE for the test results? And will that be from 00:01 on 1st March?

Or will I only get letter confirmation for both the school and test results? :?

thanks!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I think you need to have completed LEA online application to login/receive an email.
Admissions Docs wrote:1 March 2010 NATIONAL OFFER DATE. Offer packs sent by first class post to all LA/Parents
parents living in Essex. An email will also be sent to those who
applied online and who asked for it, confirming the outcome of their
application. If you DO NOT receive a pack by 8 March 2010 then
please contact School Planning and Admissions.
http://schooladmissions.essexcc.gov.uk/ ... _FINAL.pdf (page 2)
KB

Post by KB »

If you didnt register online in order to make the application to the LEA in the first place it might be worth checking with schools admissions at LEA if you can still register now - what you need to be able to at midnight on 1 March is to log on to see which school you have been allocated.

Only if you made your original LEA application on line can you have opted for an e-mail, but on past experience it may or may not get to you on 1 March - & not until much later in the day if it does!

(http://schooladmissions.essexcc.gov.uk/)

CSSE do not decide which school you get allocated - they adminster the tests so will have the test results but the LEA allocate the places.