Parking in Gloucester

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
T.i.p.s.y

Parking in Gloucester

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Hi,

I'm trying to find info for the price of an all day commuters parking ticket at Gloucester Rail Station but I cannot find the info anywhere. :? Does anyone know the price and if there are streets near the station that you can park on for free?

Thanks!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Don't know the cost of an all day ticket-but you will find it almost impossible to get free on street parking.There are many commuters using that car park,I have always found it near impossible to get a space after 10am!

GM
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Well my husband is a freak and will insist on getting the 5:19 train! :roll: Have actually worked out that it will be cheaper for him to rent a box in London and come home at the weekends so problem, for the moment, solved! :)
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Hi Tipsy

At 5am I am pretty sure your hubby would be able to find all day on-street parking within a reasonable distance of the train station.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Tipsy, I hear that Up Hatherley is a lovely place to visit.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

At 5am I am pretty sure your hubby would be able to find all day on-street parking within a reasonable distance of the train station.

Wouldn't be free though!!!!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

gloucestermum wrote:

Wouldn't be free though!!!!
Honestly? Back in the day when I worked in Gloucester I used to get free on-street parking .... that was getting into town around 8ish in the morning, but I have to admit that was a fair few years ago now! Isn't there anything around Horton Road area .... behind the train station?
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Big article in local paper only this week-GCC are making onstreet parking payable from 8am to 7pm including Sundays.They have also introduced charges around the rugby ground that used to be fee,and around the hospital(so Horton Road) its all yellow lines!!!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

gloucestermum wrote:Big article in local paper only this week-GCC are making onstreet parking payable from 8am to 7pm including Sundays.They have also introduced charges around the rugby ground that used to be fee,and around the hospital(so Horton Road) its all yellow lines!!!
I am outraged, what's the world coming to :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is definitely still free on-street parking in Cheltenham as several of my colleagues use it all day, if that's any help Tips!

Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Welcome to my world, Tipsy!

Though fortunately for the mo DH is able to crash at his sister's during the week. So hoping he doesn't do anything to upset them as we can't afford a rental option would be more a case of living in a box literally, one of those cardboard ones. Certainly wouldn't be conducive to keeping his job, no washing facilities :roll:

So have you moved up this way yet or is this the latest plan up your sleeve?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now