Lincs results etc.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
New lincs parent

Lincs results etc.

Post by New lincs parent »

I have stumbled upon this site recently & am amazed at the extent of information on it.

Drawing together several topics and contributors, can anyone tell me any thing about results for Bourne grammar? I have noticed that some parents were given actual scores and others were given an actual breakdown of pass rates etc for this years intake including how many children passed. We have had neither although the rumour mill is alive & kicking.

I know it's not long to wait but would love some news.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I am afraid that as Bourne Grammar is a Controlled school, and so follows the Lincolnshire County Council's Admission Policy which demands only that applicants pass the 11 plus and then allocates places on other criteria, you will not get to know your child's score. The only exception to this is if a child has not reached the pass mark and the parents are considering an appeal.

Those Foundation Schools which allocate places in score order are generally happy to give out the actual scores and sometimes other information about numbers so that parents can gauge their chances of a successful application. This giving of extra information is, I gather, not exactly encouraged by the council as it is not available to those applying to any other type of school.

Unless you have inside knowledge the numbers who have applied and passed for Bourne Grammar and how far away from the school the last person to get in lives will remain unknown until March 1st!
New lincs parent

results etc.

Post by New lincs parent »

Alex wrote:I am afraid that as Bourne Grammar is a Controlled school, and so follows the Lincolnshire County Council's Admission Policy which demands only that applicants pass the 11 plus and then allocates places on other criteria, you will not get to know your child's score. The only exception to this is if a child has not reached the pass mark and the parents are considering an appeal.

Those Foundation Schools which allocate places in score order are generally happy to give out the actual scores and sometimes other information about numbers so that parents can gauge their chances of a successful application. This giving of extra information is, I gather, not exactly encouraged by the council as it is not available to those applying to any other type of school.

Unless you have inside knowledge the numbers who have applied and passed for Bourne Grammar and how far away from the school the last person to get in lives will remain unknown until March 1st!
Thanks for the info. Alex. You seem to be very knowledgable on all subjects re. the 11+ ( have seen your input in other areas ) have you been through this before?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Second time this year, and I am still learning!!
adraini

Post by adraini »

Have just found this post so apolgies if this a late question.

If the exam was taken at a controlled school such as Bourne, you would expect to be told only if you had passed and the score isn't published but after passing you decide to put your preference for a foundation school which selects on scores top down, can you request the score to help in making your decision? Are the results of all children taking the 11+ in Lincs provided to each school or only the one where the exam was taken?

Adraini
Alex

Post by Alex »

The brief answer is yes - you would be able to get your score via another school, but you need to make that school aware that you may put it down as a choice by registering with it, then it will request your scores from the school where you took the test.

Some primary schools have been known to give out people's actual scores even in areas which do not select on score order, others are dutifully silent!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now