Appeal Today

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
flossie

Appeal Today

Post by flossie »

Hello all,

I have just got back from the appeal for dd - so glad it's over! We had two teachers, one of the teachers was also an ex-school inspector and there was also a lay member who described herself as a grandmother of three. The appeal took an hour - and we seemed to be asked a lot of questions, I'm not sure if that's good though.

I was so nervous but luckily my dh was with me and was very supportive and helpful.

I read through my bullet pointed presentation and then we were faced with the questions some of which I can't remember but those that I can I will post in the appropriate place!

On answering the questions I rambled a bit and got stuck - luckily dh would step in. Dd has been predicted a 4a/5 for Maths and they were very focussed on that and also questions on anxiety and the speed at which she worked - I'm not sure if that's particularly good either.

Overall I guess there's points which may go against a successful appeal for dd and evidence which could support it - I really don't know how we did at all!

When I think about it I cringe at some of my answers as I imagine what I could have said instead, but at least it's all over now and out of my hands!

I just want to say thank you so much to all of the forum members whose experiences and advice have helped my family and to Etienne and Sally-Anne of course who are so generous with their time helping us poor souls!

Good luck to anyone else remaining who has an appeal pending. The panel members are really friendly, try and keep calm when questioned and if you need a moment to think of your answer don't be afraid to pause and gather your thoughts - I wish I had.

Hopefully I will have an answer by Friday - I'll let you all know.

Love
Flossie
gromme

Post by gromme »

Well done Flossie! You can'd do anything alse. Just relax, have a drink and, hopefully, the worst part of the 11+ journey is over for you. Wishing you happy post delivery in the very near future!
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Thank you for your kind words, flossie - and good luck!
Etienne
flossie

Post by flossie »

Thanks Gromme and Etienne wine consumed and fingers crossed!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Fingers *crossed* for a good result on your appeal :D

Best of luck to you.
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

All my fingers crossed for you Flossie :)
flossie

Post by flossie »

Thanks Snowdrops and Cats12, I thought I'd stop thinking about the appeal once I'd presented but it still keeps invading my mind I think I might have a severe form of OCD!
chad

Post by chad »

Well Done for getting thru the appeal... and posting you thoughts for others.

3 days seems sooooooo long when you have to wait... wishing you good news on friday.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Keep positive ... the wait for 'that' letter is so hard ... fingers crossed on a good result x x x
Heartmum x x x
flossie

Post by flossie »

Thanks chad and heartmum,

I just want to know!!! I've even visualised the panel looking through her schoolbooks and imagined what they were thinking!

I'm reallly keen to have the result but dreading opening the envelope with potentially another disappointing outcome to cope with. I just hope I haven't said anything during the appeal that could have tipped us into the No pile!

Now do I open the envelope as if ripping off a plaster or tentatively ease it open and close my eyes until the crucial moment!!!

Your advice would be much appreciated on envelope technique....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now