medway test papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
anxiousyear

medway test papers

Post by anxiousyear »

Hi - I am new to this forum my daughter currently being in Year 5. I just wanted to clarify the situation re test papers. I note Medway has maths, verbal reasoning and extended writing. It may seem obvious- but does that mean no comprehension test, or testing of general grammar which you would find in the standard English test? No testing of knowlege of phrases, clauses, antonyms, synonyms and all that kind of thing? And the verbal reasoning paper is just the standard type of verbal reasoning one finds elsewhere?

Just asking so know what to concentrate on. Thanks.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

yes you are right there is not any comprehension etc just an extending writing paper instead. I think If you look at one of the "sticky" posts it tells you what is in the tests :wink:
anxiousyear

Post by anxiousyear »

Thanks tiredmum (love your screen name - know how you feel!).
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Just to confirm - the Medway is at present 50 mins multiple choice math, and verbal reasoning, and a creative writing task. No comprehension. No non verbal.
TEARFULmum

content for medway test

Post by TEARFULmum »

A friend told me last night that her husband ( a tutor) was told Medway will also have non verbal this year.
Does anyone have any other information on this
reddebs

Post by reddebs »

The consultattion document states the 3 tests as Maths VR and extended writing, I would have thought that if a switch to NVR was being done this document would state it.
red_debs
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The examiners will look for evidence of grammar , sentence construction,spelling , and use of language in the extended writing.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLAqoVr/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wLAqoVr/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now