Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mum

outcome of entry tests-as per latest "School Admission

Post by mum »

As per the latest "School Admission Code" via website,

( http://www.dfes.gov.uk/sacode/ ),

Information for parents – outcome of entry tests

2.92 Grammar schools and other schools, or their admission authorities, which are permitted to use selection by ability or aptitude, should ensure that parents are informed of the outcome of entry tests before they make their applications for other schools.

Generally Kendrick Girls & Reading Boys announce their result only on 1st March, alongwith the LEA result. But does the above provision in the code would need these schools to publish their result before you apply for the schools to LEA by their closing date on October end or so.

It should be applicable for other schools at Bucks & Slough as well, that means all grammar school results would be out before filling up the LEA application form!! That would be really helpful and easy then, if I've got it correctly...........

can anybody else confirm that my above interpretation is right.........Infact does that mean all the 11+ exams should be over before the application closing date?????
mum
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mum

I have answered your question in the General topics section.

For those who are not aware.

Finding out the results of the 11 plus BEFORE application is NOT a mandatory requirement.

See the following link, which is a Bucks document but reveals above statement.

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/cabinet_paper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... _item6.pdf

Patricia
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

There is still the possibility that the admission authorities you are interested in will decide to follow this guideline. Already, Lincolnshire received their results before the application closing date last autumn.
I would be surprised if it was implemented this year though, because the test dates would have to be brought forward, and it would be a big change with little warning, but who knows? It's possibly another question for your school visits.
mum

Post by mum »

Thanks to both Catherine and Patricia................I didn't realise the difference of "should" and "must".............!!
mum