WD3 Parents Action Group meeting tonight

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
AlisonR

WD3 Parents Action Group meeting tonight

Post by AlisonR »

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/4 ... ry_school/

"The WD3 Parents’ Action Group will be holding a public meeting at St Peter’s School Hall, Mill End, at 8pm on Wednesday, February 10"

Just in case any interested parties aren't aware of this meeting tonight.

Alison
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Re: WD3 Parents Action Group meeting tonight

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

Hi AlisonR

Have just read this thread and the info on the accompanying link ... thanks for providing it.

Has there been any "progress" since ... anything in the pipeline?

Having seen the road myself, I agree, it is potentially very dangerous, and I would definitely say that a crossing of some sort should be provided ... just my thoughts.
Knowledge is power

AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Hi Confused

I don't actually live in the WD3 area so I haven't been to any of the meetings, I just thought there may be some interested parties on the forum that may not be aware of what some local parents are trying to do.

I think that the group are pushing for an extra senior school in WD3 area but I don't think any particular site has been identified yet. Nor has any commitment been made to actually providing a new school.

The Watford Observer newspaper website at www.watfordobserver.co.uk has regular updates about the progress (or lack of!).

Alison
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

:oops: Oh my goodness :roll: I have just realised what I have done ... duh.

I read two articles, one being the one you gave a link to (re the possible idea of setting up a new school) and the other, being another article about a dangerous road outside a school and I have stupidly responded re the road crossing one :oops:

I also had my thoughts on the new school : I think that it is wonderful that parents have got together for this purpose, and I really hope that something emerges from their hard work on the issue.

It was very kind of you, Alison, to post this up for other people ... I hope that it spread the word far and wide and that it made people take notice.
Knowledge is power