Waiting for results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

honscupboard

Waiting for results?

Post by honscupboard »

Just wanted to start a thread for Dorset. My thoughts have just started to turn to results day and what it will bring. Anyone else out there? :)
Bmthmum

Post by Bmthmum »

Hi honscupboard!
Yes I am waiting too - I lurch from feeling calm one day and then feeling dread the next! I keep having wicked thoughts about breaking into the LEA offices :evil:
Just want to know now - its hard isn't it?!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

oooh you made me jump... i have been checking out the boards every so often for a while and no-one posting here so thought I would keep quiet...didnt want to look like the only one holding my breath. three months is too long to hold ones breath. I, for one, will be glad to know one way or the other.

Am I the only one who lies awake at night formulating potential appeal speeches... :oops:
MrsK40

Post by MrsK40 »

Isn't it frustrating that the schools and and LEA all know the results by now, it's just us that's still in the dark. Is it true you can open your on line application result at midnight on the Sunday? Or is that getting a bit ridiculous? I'm not sure I'm dedicated enough to want to stay up that late on a school night.
Milla

Post by Milla »

well, Mrs K40, you can certainly do that in Gloucestershire! SO agree that frustrating that the schools might know early, esp when haven't "helped" in the 11+ process AT ALL. If it's any comfort, this rumour was scotched this year when we all got our results on Nov 21 and the school got vague, un-fine tuned ones a little later on the same morning.
Waiting

Waiting for results

Post by Waiting »

Hi,

I have been lurking on this site for some time now and thought I should post to say that I too am nervously waiting for results for BSB.

My son is fairly confident that we will have good news, he came out of the tests saying that he found all the papers relativley easy with no surprises. However, I have now heard too many stories of children that were expected to get in, but didn't that I am not automatically assuming that our news will be good.

I don't know how I am going to get through the next 2 weeks, hopefully half term will keep us busy and Tues 2 will be here before we know it. Does anyone know whether the allocations will be posted online on the 1st?

Good luck to everybody else who is waiting. (I suspect like me there are a lot reading these posts but keeping quiet!!).
Bmthmum

Post by Bmthmum »

I phoned the LEA during the week and we won't receive letters or emails until Tues 2nd and that they won't promise anything re logging in as they had so many problems with it last year and so probably won't be able to access allocations online until 2nd either! I thought I might at least know one way or another by the 1st but it doesn't seem so...

DS doesn't seem bothered and they don't seem to be talking about it at school yet.

Does anyone know how many boys sat the BS test ?
MrsK40

Post by MrsK40 »

My DS said the teacher supervising the exam in his group explained that there were 400 odd boys there that day to sit the test, and he made it clear (in a kind and gentle way) that they would not all be able to come to this school as there were only 150 places. I think my son appreciated the school's honesty.
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

my DS said they were told about 400 too...
Only a few days to go....results come out on my birthday :shock: so we will be going out to celebrate one way or the other. I have not the slightest inkling which way this is going to go.. ..good luck to everyone... :wink:
honscupboard

Post by honscupboard »

At the school gates all the kids seem really chilled, but the mothers have that "wild-eyed" look about them! Apparantly all the teachers have been talking to them about results day, saying they will not be allowed to have their mobiles on to get results from parents who text them! I hadn't thought of that, but imagine the chaos (and emotion) that would cause depending on whether it was a pass or fail .......
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now