Bexley 11+ examination date 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
oscarnoodle

Bexley 11+ examination date 2010

Post by oscarnoodle »

Hello - can anyone tell me what the examination date is this year and where it takes place? What grammar schools are recommended for a boy if a good result is achieved for the exam?

Thanks
Oscarnoodle
trumpet

Post by trumpet »

Secondary selection tests
Selection tests for children transferring to secondary school in September 2011

Children born between 1 September 1999 and 31 August 2000 will transfer to secondary school in September 2011 and can take the selection tests for entry to one of Bexley's grammar schools at the beginning of their last year in primary school.

This year's test dates are Tuesday 21 September and Wednesday 22 September 2010.

There will be two tests, in Mathematics (21 September) and Verbal Reasoning (22 September). The results of the tests will be published in October before the closing date for secondary school applications.

Children who do not attend a primary school in Bexley must be registered in advance for the tests. The registration period will start on 4 May 2010 and end on 16 July 2010. Details of how to register will be published soon, along with a leaflet giving more details about the tests.
From the website.

I have one boy who passed last year who is applying to Beths as it was his favorite of the selectives we viewed and another sitting it this year who i think will also favour Beths. Hope this helps.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

oscarnoodle - you have a choice of 3 grammar schools in Bexley for a boy. Beths (boys only until sixth form); Bexley (mixed) and Chis & Sids (mixed).

Some people have strong views about whether they want their son to go to a mixed or single sex school, but they are all very good schools and you may just want to go for which ever one is closest/has the easiest journey.
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

We have one son at Beths, and are really pleased with the school. They have a very experienced staff and a great atmosphere. Despite so many boys there is always a polite and well-controlled environment, with everyone looking happy. We are very glad we chose Beths despite it being single sex, but I expect parents of boys at Bexley Grammar would be just as enthusiastic. Heard some rumours of bullying at Chis and Sid, and stories of kids standing on desks etc. but this might all be nonsense! Good luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now