Half term weather

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

neurotic kent mum

Half term weather

Post by neurotic kent mum »

It rain and rain and rain. The dc argue over wii game. I remove game. Any suggestions for how to cope with rain!
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

When I figure it out, which will be after I have removed the Xbox from my arguing DC I will let you know!! :?

:D Keep smiling its the only way to stay sane!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Separation works I find! Just done this the squabbling over who was on what level of which game was getting to me! DS2 on game and DS1 just made cake - I will now have to redecorate the kitchen - but it worked for half an hour.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
neurotic kent mum

So good to know it not just my dc that argue over levels and how much time each has spent on a game. Removed game, took them to buy sweets, went to library then said no more gadgets till homework finished. This was magic. All disappeared I assume to eat sugar and read. Suspect homework may not yet have happened. But silence is bliss! Until the sugar kicks in.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I was going suggest cooking but you've done that!

Tidying the bedrooms kept mine busy yesterday. They reluctantly did it so it took ages.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Hello Kent. :D
My son has been tidying his room nearly all week!
chad

Post by chad »

Only got the one Ds...........arguments amongst siblings is the one thing I do not have to cope with. :wink:

Still having the 'clean bedroom' war tho' :evil:
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
moved

Post by moved »

I threaten extra homework/housework if they have nothing better to do than bicker. This makes me the common enemy and they then get on fine and mutter about how awful I am. Works every time and they still haven't worked it out.
neurotic kent mum

LOL abut the tidying room ed's mum.

I do this periodically and they spend the whole day in their rooms reading! Rooms get tidied in the last half hour as I mutter- no electronic equipment which includes tv and ipods until rooms hoovered!

Can't use this today though as had guests earlier in the week so rooms are tidy.