Reading/Kendrick Results looming!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Complete Novice

Reading/Kendrick Results looming!!

Post by Complete Novice »

Other areas have their "panic" threads now, so I thought it was time we had one on the Berks forum.

The wait has been very very long since the exams were sat way back in November. I find it hard to understand why Reading CC handle their admissions the way they do. If Gloucestershire can reveal that a child came in the top 120 when their are 120 places, why can't Reading?? :evil: It's very hard on the children not to know for all this time, especially when you have a worrier like mine! I just hope I can get him to sleep on the 28th and I am actually hoping the results don't come in before he heads off to school. It would be nice to have a chance to digest the results and come up with a positive face if he hasn't made it.

Anyone else feeling like they are losing all sanity over this?

CN
Milla

Post by Milla »

not all of ours do, CN, though, blimey if you're lucky enough to be one of those 120, I tell you it's up there with Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket. :lol: For the other grammars, it's pass / not pass (and we do learn within two weeks), but since more pass than there are places to accommodate those passes, a new panic sets in of second guessing the cut off in the twilight zone. you can pass, but not get a place. Still, all in all, I think we're pretty lucky with our system, particularly given that the one exam (two VR tests) are taken on one morning and apply to all the grammar schools.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
Complete Novice

Post by Complete Novice »

Okay I concede there is suffering in Gloucestershire too!! :)

I like the analogy of the Golden Ticket. Do you think the fact that DH and I are now dead ringers for Charlie Bucket's grandparents could be an omen? :)
Milla

Post by Milla »

don't! Mind you, better that than being Verruca Salt :shock:
Still agree that ours is better - at least there's some guidance there for the CAF.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
Katherine

Reading school Results!

Post by Katherine »

Hi
Yes ...in a week time we will be knowing the results of kids as well our hard work and hopefully we can expect that we will be rewarded for our hard work and not on luck!! We will all pray for those who all worked hard!
I just have a couple of queries about knowing the results:
• whether letters will be started despatching from march 1st by second class delivery (I have read somewhere like this) and so we can expect the results till that week end.
• Or we all will be knowing the results on March 1st itself by post?
• Will we get a letter if we didn’t secure a place also?
Thank you for the answers!
Best of Wishes for everybody! (Although I am not sure how to make my mind if my boy didn’t secure a place and not sure how to console my lovely boy who worked v. Hard ) :cry:
Katherine
Maagi

Post by Maagi »

Hi Katherine,
I understood that letters should arrive by March1st although there will be usual delay in some cases.
has any one applied online -you will know teh result just past midnight :roll: and not sure if I can sleep either way :shock:
stevew61

Re: Reading/Kendrick Results looming!!

Post by stevew61 »

Complete Novice wrote:Other areas have their "panic" threads now, so I thought it was time we had one on the Berks forum.

Anyone else feeling like they are losing all sanity over this?

CN
Hi Guys,

Don't Panic, Keep Calm and Carry On. :)

I think Berkshire has done well not to mention D-Day. :lol:

My recollection is getting past caring just wanting the result, any result, so we could move on. ( I feel a bit guilty to say we have 269 days approximately till the 2010 exam.) Damm, should that last full stop be inside or outside the bracket. :shock:

Wishing you all, including lurkers (come on join in !!) good luck and best wishes, and whatever the result be loud and proud of your dear children for all the hard work they put in, and give yourself a pat on the back for being a wonderful parent. :lol:

Tick-tock, countdown clock, ekkkkk. :shock:

steve
ks

Post by ks »

As someone who went through this last year, I know how you are all feeling. Hope you all get the results you want.

Katherine - yes you will get a separate letter from Kendrick. This is not an offer letter but tells you how your DD did (normalised score) in each test and her overall position. Clearly if you are in top 96 and put Kendrick first then this will mean that you will get a place.

Allocations will be in a separate letter (or email or online depending on how you applied) from your local authority.

HTH,

ks
btonki

Post by btonki »

Will also be waiting with interest. Fortunately DS has been offered a place at a lovely indie as well, so if he doesn't get in, it won't be as much of a stress. Trying not to think about it too much atm.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Stevew61 said - I feel a bit guilty to say we have 269 days approximately till the 2010 exam-

loved the comment, shows true obsession!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now