St Martha's Scholarship

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

St Martha's Scholarship

Post by Guest »

We had a fantastic interview with the Head. Reading over the information booklet it says candidates who show exceptional potential may be offered a scholarship. This could sway us away from the grammars we have applied for if she managed to get in. Do they give these scholarships away every year? If daughter was in line for one would the head have told us at the interview? Should we have applied for a scholarship? I'm too nervous to ring the head. Guess I will have to wait if nobody out there knows the answer.
jen s

Post by jen s »

you had to apply at the time of application.sports scholarships being done today-as is art.academic ones already done.what a fab school it is still worth the full fees i think

Post by Guest »

How many if any academic scholarships are offered at St Martha's. Are they awarded to the girls that scored highest in the exams or did you have to apply and sit a different exams in order to be considered for the scholarships?
jen s

Post by jen s »

yes top girls offered not transferable down rthe list either if they are not taken by selected girls

Post by Guest »

Jen,

Thanks for your reply. Still not sure if one needed to apply for the academic scholarships or if the top performers on the test day gets the scholarships.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Scolarships don't necessarily seem to go to the children who come top in the entrance tests. I know a child who gained a scholarship who is in the lower sets at school. She did have 2 older siblings at the school, so are scholarhips sometimes given for family loyality to the school?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now