who opens the letter?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gina from clacton

who opens the letter?

Post by gina from clacton »

just thought id get some feed back on who? opens the letter?

if it arrives before school?
if it arrives while shes at school?

or do we wait till she comes home? then should we wait till dad comes home?

could i stare at an unopened letter all day?

thanks for reading and good luck to all!
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Gina

This was a Hot Topic last year...

You may like to look at some of the replies....

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... .php?t=344

Patricia
tammy

Post by tammy »

I have thought and thought about this , decided that the letter will most probably arrive when 11+ child is at school and husband at work.

Therefore it's just me and it! Will very carefully attempt to open it, read the contents, then carefully reseal it, Then either cry or smile. :lol:

This way I will be Mentally ready for when my child comes home to open the letter after all he put in all the hard work and it means just as much to him as me. :wink: :wink:
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

We had two sets of results with the second arriving through the post. We opened the letter as it arrived, but knew that my son didn't mind.

I think that it is best to have time to prepare yourself in case you get bad news. I couldn't have stared at the unopened letter all day anyway.

As Patricia says, it's been detabed in great length last year, and I am probaly not adding anything new :roll:
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Tammy,

Agree with your line of thinking. As I applied on line it was always going to be the case that I knew before my daughter. Had it been an envelope I would have opened it on the basis that it wouldn't have helped her to see me crying if it had been bad news. I'm pretty useless when it comes to the "stiff upper lip" and cired anyway when it was good news for us :shock:

Good Luck with your results

HP

Post by 007 »

I've got no choice but to first, hope it arrives on the 2nd and then to open it asap because she has already a place reserved for her in year 7 and the deadline is Monday March 5th! If the letter doesn't arrive on 2nd I will phone the school to see if it's ok to let them know on the last day. :)
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

My daughter and I have discussed this already. She wants me to open the letter when she is at school but i then have to put in back in the envelope for her to open when she gets in, she walks home with friends and will be in the house for 3.30pm.
Although I am sure she will be able to tell from the expression on my face as to what school she has been offered!
I am hoping that my face will be like this :D and not like this :cry: I HOPE YOU WILL ALL BE LIKE THIS :D TOO.

GOOD LUCK

Joanne x
John3:16

Post by John3:16 »

Having only just found this site after another essex mum pointed me in the right direction, I have to say I've found the discussions fascinating to say the least.

I had just asked my friend, 'who opens the letter' when she laughed and showed me this site.

My son wants to open it himself. He says no one else should touch it. The agony continues...

Post by Guest »

You don't actually have to open the envelope to be able to read the first line of the letter. Just by gigging it about a bit you'll be able to read through the window which school your son/daughter has been offered!

Post by Guest »

If you applied on line do you get a letter too? I applied on line but I as I run through the 'finding out' scenario I see us all passing around a letter, screwing it up, kissing etc, can't do that with a lap top, I know it could be printed off but it won't have the same immediacy arghhhh
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now