Parking in Tewkesbury

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
T.i.p.s.y

Parking in Tewkesbury

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Sorry to bombard this section with non 11+ questions but I was wondering if anyone knows how full St Marys Lane Car Park gets in Tewkesbury around 1-2pm during the week? I get all panicky when I have to be somewhere new especially if I have to be somewhere at a certain time. I don't want to turn up and find it's full and not have a clue where else to park. :oops:
EmeraldE

Post by EmeraldE »

It's not that busy. I have been in Tewks many times and never seen it full apart from on a Saturday. Check out the next nearest just incase of course, but I very much doubt you will need an alternative.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Thanks EmeraldE - I feel a lot better now! 8) :oops:
Milla

Post by Milla »

don't know where that car park is - by the abbey??? - but on road (ie free) parking in Tewks is easy peasy.
PrettyWoman

Post by PrettyWoman »

I live in Tewkesbury and not sure which one it is either. On street parking ia limited to 45 minutes and traffic wardens are fierce here. I pulled over to let DS1 out of the car last week and I've never seen one swoop so fast. DS was running in to a shop ot buy a book and I had to drive round block and then pick him up again.

Ever seen a 10 year old wandering along road wondering why his mum has driven off? When he got back in car he said, yeah I saw the traffic warden. Where do they learn these things without us realising.

Anway you can always park on Morrisons in Tewkesbury. Its free and as Tewkesbury is so small nothing is very far to walk to :lol:
I used to be plain, but when I married Mr Pretty I became PrettyWoman and now have 2 Pretty children!
PrettyWoman

Post by PrettyWoman »

Just looked at all my typo's in last post. Must try harder - but OH has gone to bed and I'm now sitting in the dark! :lol:
I used to be plain, but when I married Mr Pretty I became PrettyWoman and now have 2 Pretty children!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

It's the car park near the Abbey. How far would it take me to walk from Morrisons to the Abbey - I need at least 2 hours parking?
PrettyWoman

Post by PrettyWoman »

The car park near the Abbey gets quite full as the solicitors take some of the spaces on season tickets. There is a larger long stay car park just over the bridge, a bit more expensive but plenty of spaces and only 2 minutes walk from the Abbey. If the river is high it floods and you won't be able to drive over the bridge but everything is low at the moment.

Morrisons to The Abbey would take about 30 minutes to walk, they are at opposite ends of the town!

If you need to park for 2 hours don't park on the street as you will get a ticket. When the council took over policing the parking there is no leniancy at all. They even put a ticket on the chap who was erecting the Christmas lights last year, and he was a volunteer!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I have found Oldbury Rd Car Park and Gloucester Rd Car Park. I think the former is closer - any thoughts on spaces?
Milla

Post by Milla »

is this for singing stuff? do you have to go with him, or could you stay in the car, reading and just drive round the corner if nec. I go once a month (bank) and have never seen a traffic warden! :shock:
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now