St Albans boys or John Lyon school?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wendyw

St Albans boys or John Lyon school?

Post by wendyw »

Hi Everyone,
My DS has been offered a place in both schools.I am not sure which one of these schools to go for, if he does not get into local Grammar school. If anybody knows anything about these schools from personal/family/friends experience, can you please help me in my decision.

Many thanks,

Wendyw
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Sorry, don't know about John Lyon School but know a couple of people who have children at St Albans (started last September) and they have nothing but good things to say about it.
Willowmum

Post by Willowmum »

Hi wendyw,

My Nephew and cousins went go/went to John Lyon but feedback was not positice ie. children were disruptive in class. I have not heard anything negative about St Albans.
kitkat

St Albans boys

Post by kitkat »

Hi Wendyw, you might find some help with this one on the independent schools thread. We also have an offer for St Albans which we are delighted to take (DS bright and sporty just loved the school from our first visit). Everyone we have spoken too with children there absolutely love it too and I think that the majority of responses to my queries have been positive. Anyway good luck with your choice!!
wendyw

Post by wendyw »

Thank you so much everyone,especially the information about John lyon school is very useful as there is not much information available here about the school.It has just confirmed my doubts about the John Lyon school. I think we will be going for the St Albans school as there is alot of positive feedback here about the school and it would suit better to my child as he is quite academic and likes sports(just like your DS Kitkat).

Thanks again everyone.

Wendyw