2010 Entry Marks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
capers123

2010 Entry Marks

Post by capers123 »

It's useful for future years to know the ranks of those who have got a place on Allocations day, and also after shake-down (but before appeals start). If you know the ranks of friends / your own children, please write them up!

I'll start with a place for rank 177 for Stroud High (and a very relieved mother).
Capers
slackmum

Post by slackmum »

126 for Pate's
langkawilucy

Post by langkawilucy »

We did not get told ranking but my daughter for Denmark Road but we got offered a place Hurray! and she got 215 marks. What a relief and what a great forum! xx
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Same for Tommy's 215 got a place this year, thank goodness!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

The Stroud High rank 177 was a pass of 225.
Capers
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I can hear deep deep sighs of relief coming from the depths of Gloucestershire!

Congrats to you all!
cairo

Post by cairo »

A score of 211 did not get a place at Tommys, but did get a place at Crypt.

I'm perfectly happy with that, so will leave it to my son to decide whether he wants to go on the waiting list/appeal or not. I think we would have an extremely good case if we did decide to appeal, so we'll see.

Anyway, must go and do some work now! Thanks to everyone for their support on this forum.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Just out of interest, Cairo, was that 211 a STR mark? My DS didn't pass for Tommy's but easily passed for Crypt - we decided not to send him. Just wondered how near the actual STR admission mark we were (missed it by 1, technically, on an October birthday).
Thirdtimer

Post by Thirdtimer »

So are you saying that even those that didn't quite pass the test are getting places?
For Marling the qualifying mark was 216 yet some of those quoted above are below this. Or does this just reflect the differing pass marks at differnt schools?
Amber

Post by Amber »

So are you saying that even those that didn't quite pass the test are getting places?
For Marling the qualifying mark was 216 yet some of those quoted above are below this. Or does this just reflect the differing pass marks at differnt schools?
The latter, I think, 3rd timer. The marks are different for each school. There is no relation that the normal parent can fathom, as each one weights them differently for birth dates and standardises them with their own cohort. I think it is deliberately designed to be as unclear as possible. As I understand it, no school can offer a place to someone who did not meet their own pass mark, except on appeal, even if the school ends up undersubscribed, as some grammars have done over the last few years. They then have invited those close to the mark to appeal.