bursary how do they work

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

caz

bursary how do they work

Post by caz »

can anyone please tell how bursary works eg fees £8000 earning £2oooo would be i be able to get a bursary ??
Gman

Post by Gman »

Many schools offer bursaries for salries upto £60k. Each school will set their own eligibility criteria, eg music, academic, first come first servce.

Generally the school will have a limit each year avaliable for bursaries.

The best bet will be to look at the websites of the schools you are interested in, and they will provide some of this info, aswell as contact details for the responsible person.

Which schools are you looking at?
anxious loreto mum

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Hi Caz,

we looked at Cheadle Hulme and they had a large bursary Scheme, they quoted 16k for a full bursary. If all similar you stand agood chance of receiving a largish one!

Enquire straight away at the school, there is normally a dedicate Bursar in each and normally very informative.

Best of luck
ALM
X
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Caz is this for the 2010 entry? I think if it is then it may be a bit of a doodle since most school have awarded the bursaries and done the interviews already. Saying that I would still ring the school and get their word.
guest43

Post by guest43 »

Hi. At my DD school bursaries depend on entry exam performance as well as income/capital. At a particular level of income a bursary may be available for a good candidate but not for a marginal one.

Always best to speak directly with the school; typically with the Bursar!!. Any decent school will be happy to answer your questions.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now