Is anyone going to crypt from cheltenham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
WorriedRuby

Is anyone going to crypt from cheltenham

Post by WorriedRuby »

Hi,

my DS got place in crypt, he reallys likes the school, has anyone else got place in there?
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Welcome to the forum and congratulations to your DS!

There seems to be a lack of Crypt parents this year-although me and Burneth are proud parents of year 8 DS who are very happy there.If you want any information please feel free to ask away.The science fair is this week,an ideal time to go and have another look.

There is a very well frequented bus that comes from Cheltenham every day too-I am sure the school would give you the details,

Regards,
GM.
cairo

Post by cairo »

Hi - My DS1 is most likely going to The Crypt too from Cheltenham. Might put his name down on the waiting list for Tommys - not sure yet: I said DS1 could decide. So tomorrow evening we're off to the Science Fair for another look round. He's a bit anxious as no-one else from his school is down for Crypt, but I'm sure it'll be alright once they start and meet new friends.

As Gloucestermum said, there's a bus run by Rob Dix which goes to Crypt & Ribston Hall. It seems to leave at a slightly better (ie later!) hour than the Tommys/DR ones, as it stops in fewer places on the way.
Milla

Post by Milla »

oooh, lucky you! My friend's daughter gets a bus EARLIER than ours from the race course and my boy's bus (to Tommy's) only stops 2x, I think!
The early starts are ghastly, although you do get used to them. And they do get to school in good time rather than by their skin of their sweaty skin which would be the case if I were wearing the driver's cap!
cairo

Post by cairo »

Yes, the bus driver must really have his foot down. The timetable says Arle Court (edge of Cheltenham) 8:05, followed by Ribston at 8:15 and Crypt at 8:20. Gulp! That's going some.
Milla

Post by Milla »

well they do thunder down the A40. I think they pick up DS1 at about ten to 4 and hurl him, confused, into the race course car park by about quarter past. And that's only going to the easy bit of Glos, the bit nearest Chelt. I suppose the trouble is getting to Arle Court by 8.015 - that stretch can be a PITA.
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

cairo wrote: So tomorrow evening we're off to the Science Fair for another look round. He's a bit anxious as no-one else from his school is down for Crypt, but I'm sure it'll be alright once they start and meet new friends
The Science Evening is fab, and it's a great opportunity to check out the school while you are there - I think it may be timed around allocation day on purpose! My DS will be helping out this year too!

On the taster day, the boys get put into their classes and as a result get chance to bond with others, there will be many in the same position of being on their own.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
WorriedRuby

Post by WorriedRuby »

Thanks for all the information, will take my ds to science fair.
WorriedRuby

Post by WorriedRuby »

My Ds is the only one from his school who is going to Crypt, but he really likes the school, we were very impressed with the school when we went for open day.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

I think that we parents do worry unneccessarily about the transfer with friends issue.My DS transferred with 4 others from his school-within a week they were not mentioned again.Crypt have their year 7 getting to know you trip really early in the term,within a few weeks if I remember rightly,and it's a great time to make new friends.

Lots of grammar children don't know anybody when they start and the schools are used to dealing with thi type of issue-I'm sure he will be just fine!