stetford grammer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

caz

stetford grammer

Post by caz »

is any1 going here?does any1 no how places they had ?
Gman

Post by Gman »

The published admission number for 2010 is 128. You can download the secondary school guide for 2010 from the Trafford Council website. They had nearly 700 applications last year.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

There were some spare places quite late on last summer just before the appeals. i know because I phoned and spoke to the very nice admissions lady.
caz

Post by caz »

due to fact i havnt got a school sum1 has said try and get my son in here gonna ring and see wot they say
feelinsad

Post by feelinsad »

I also agree the admissions person at Stretford is really helpful. She knows how many applicants passed and how many places are vacant. There is also the waiting list option and they know how many are on it etc.

Stretford had been put in special measures - this was nothing to do with the children alot of them attending under the old 11+ system.

The headteacher from Sale came in as temp head until a suitable replacement could be found - this has now been done altho' I don't know when they are starting.

The school has improved - see OFSTED interim reports.

I had doubts about wether DD was to sit the exam but when I visited the school, the staff were really friendly also really positive about teaching.

As it is my DD will be attending unless we are sucessful at appeal.I wouldn't send her anywhere that I wasn't happy with and education is the most important thing in their life.
caz

Post by caz »

no joy they said too late to apply and they were over sub anyway
cleo

Post by cleo »

Caz
Do you live in Wythenshawe? If yes, why don't you appeal for Parrs wood High school? I have got friends in Wythenshawe whose children go their and it is quite a decent school.
caz

Post by caz »

yes i do,i cudnt appeal i wud just have to put my name down,its looking like i have to go private ,and the appeals are going to take months plus this year its looking like there will be alot of appeals ,i only have till next week cos i have to put a deposit down at nc to secure a place
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

Caz,

Have you thought about Kingsway? We would've sent our son there if the state Grammars hadn't worked out - it does take some kids from Wythenshawe. The kids there seem to be really happy, and its results are fine. Went to the open evening in October and we were quite impressed. We would've sent our son there before paying private.

Cheers, & good luck.
caz

Post by caz »

the problem is all these schools r full now and i just have to go on the waiting list ,i dont want to pay private but wot do i do if i dont secure his place at nc then i dont end up with a school he will have to go to parklands,!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now