Newstead wood appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

wanting the best

Newstead wood appeals

Post by wanting the best »

Has anyone any idea of how many successful appeals does Newstead have? Need to decide if its worth going down this route (do not want to give too many details here).
thaiboxer

Post by thaiboxer »

The Bromley Council booklet, "Moving on to Secondary School" says there were 21 appeals last year of which 2 were upheld. Having appealed 2 years ago, unsuccessfully, I did feel I had tried my absolute best for my daughter. I was exhausted emotionally by the end of it all - bursting into tears so many times. Tears of relief when I emerged out of the Appeal Hearing into the gorgeous sunlight. It's very hard to say but give it a go if you have the strength and of course your valid reasons as to why your daughter "needs" NWSG. Having braces fitted, losing a pet, breaking an arm/leg losing your business, using the awful weather conditions on the day of the test will not be enough! Good Luck.
chismum

Newstead appeals

Post by chismum »

I know someone who appealed on the grounds that her daughter has a disability which meant she was discriminated against in the way in which the test was expected to be done.

This is her area of expertise in her employment as an HR consultant.

The appeal was upheld, but!!! her daughter's disability has meant that she has struggled with the fast pace of the schoolwork.

So, perhaps if your child didn't get in, it may be because it is not the right school for her. I am not meaning to imply that she is not intelligent. The girl above has an IQ of about 140!